Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

Closed Thread
Unread 04-14-2019, 08:41 AM   #41
Kensal Rise
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 2,577 Times in 926 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Lien View Post
Kensal,
The man did not prosecute anyone. He presented the work done and showed the results and gave his actual(photo) and anecdotal evidence of the facts based on his dealing with the men who performed the work. I very much appreciate the fact that he took the time to do this based on his business with people who restore the guns we all pursue. I guess if you lawyerly folks think there is a case to defend, then ok, defend it. From the evidence presented I think you might want to just plead it out as SHIT work and move on. Kensal, You certainly might be a witness for the defense as you like to "lightly restore" guns. Good luck, but I think you have a looser here.

Personally, I think this should be the next Parker of the month to remind people that we should shoot them and not try to make them young again. I feel bad for the owner but I think he should just hang it on the wall and the next time he wants to take a Parker and put lipstick (new case colors) on it he can have a reminder of what might happen.

Patrick Lien
Mr. Lein:
I rest my case with regard in your "BBS Approach" to my observations. And respectfully refer you -- and the Forum Moderator -- to these points from "Forum Decorum":

No profanity will be tolerated.
Do NOT post sexual, racial, or other jokes or cartoons, and/or comments/illustrations that disparage others because they are different.

Do NOT post political discussions concerning Democrats, Republican, or other parties - or liberal versus conservative views/platforms. You may discuss gun rights but be careful not digress into a political debate. For example, encouraging others to vote or join the NRA are acceptable posts. Encouraging others to vote for a certain party or politician is political and not allowed.

Be polite and respectful to others. There are no stupid questions, there are however rude answers which might get the responder a “time out”.
Try to be helpful to others. If you are in a bad mood then please do not participate as your negative mood will undoubtedly show in your posts.
Do NOT drink alcohol and post in this forum. You know who you are – and so do we….

Common respectful and professional debates are encouraged BUT, that does NOT include a personal attack of the person you are debating. Frankly, if you do not like someone - do not fight or attack them in your posts. Please contact them outside this forum and our servers/systems – and then feel free to trade insults.

Have a Blessed Palm Sunday.
Unread 04-14-2019, 09:24 AM   #42
Rick Riddell
Forum Associate

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Campbell View Post
Mr. Lein:
I rest my case with regard in your "BBS Approach" to my observations. And respectfully refer you -- and the Forum Moderator -- to these points from "Forum Decorum"

Last I will ever say it, and I'm done with this thread, but those in glass houses shouldnt throw stones, you werent the only one to frequent the BBS and as I recall you also broke a few windows until a few of yours got broken. Not a good idea to decry the actions of others that reflect your own. And with that have a blessed Palm Sunday!
The Following User Says Thank You to Rick Riddell For Your Post:
Unread 04-14-2019, 09:31 AM   #43
Opening Day
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 2,089 Times in 1,195 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Campbell View Post
Mr. Lein:
I rest my case with regard in your "BBS Approach" to my observations. And respectfully refer you -- and the Forum Moderator -- to these points from "Forum Decorum":

No profanity will be tolerated.
Do NOT post sexual, racial, or other jokes or cartoons, and/or comments/illustrations that disparage others because they are different.

Do NOT post political discussions concerning Democrats, Republican, or other parties - or liberal versus conservative views/platforms. You may discuss gun rights but be careful not digress into a political debate. For example, encouraging others to vote or join the NRA are acceptable posts. Encouraging others to vote for a certain party or politician is political and not allowed.

Be polite and respectful to others. There are no stupid questions, there are however rude answers which might get the responder a “time out”.
Try to be helpful to others. If you are in a bad mood then please do not participate as your negative mood will undoubtedly show in your posts.
Do NOT drink alcohol and post in this forum. You know who you are – and so do we….

Common respectful and professional debates are encouraged BUT, that does NOT include a personal attack of the person you are debating. Frankly, if you do not like someone - do not fight or attack them in your posts. Please contact them outside this forum and our servers/systems – and then feel free to trade insults.

Sorry John,
This is one of those times we tend to disagree
Unread 04-14-2019, 09:46 AM   #44
John D.
PGCA Lifer
Admin

Member Info

Thanked 4,162 Times in 825 Posts

Folks, when I last checked this thread early last evening - I really respected the maturity and tenor of all the posts on a very difficult subject. My sincerest thanks for that and hope that all parties are able to resolve it to their satisfaction and everyones reputation and resolve well intact....

In the meantime however and later last night - let's not fall off the proverbial "turnip truck" and force the closure of this thread.

Finally - I don't know - nor do I care - what happened on another BBS. That BBS is not this community, nor will I let it became that BBS.

Have a wonderful day,

John D.
Unread 04-14-2019, 10:28 AM   #45
Bruce Day
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 15,615 Times in 2,667 Posts

[QUOTE=Patrick Lien;271525]Bruce,
How much Flitz did it take to get Bachelder colors toned down to be comparable to original faded Parker colors?

Patrick Lien[/QUOTE

Zero.

But I did wear a leather cattleman’s roping glove and rub rotationally side to side on the frame for a little while to produce wear on the edges. I suppose Flitz would have worked faster and I do favor it’s use on dulled barrels or dull browned frames to bring out some luster. I have suggested folks use Flitz or other metal polish on garishly done case colors.

What do you suggest ? I know that you have nice guns and good skills.
The Following User Says Thank You to Bruce Day For Your Post:
Unread 04-14-2019, 07:27 PM   #46
Craig Budgeon
PGCA Member

Member Info

Joe, the best advice relating to this thread is from Edgar Spencer. I tried to fix the barreled actions made in Italy of the first Ithaca Classic Doubles after heat treat. I failed. Italian gunsmiths were flown to Victor, NY and spent two weeks attempting to salvage those actions, they failed. The problem was caused by poor machining practice, but the heat treat was the demise of those actions. The barreled actions were made by Merkel in Germany, thereafter. If your determined to repair the gun you may want to seek legal advice first as you may give up your right to compensation.
Unread 04-14-2019, 07:58 PM   #47
King Brown
Forum Associate

Member Info

Mr. Graziano is to be commended. What makes the world crazy is complacency. If Mr. Graziano had not brought his experience to the board, he would have been corrupted by making it a hide.
The Following User Says Thank You to King Brown For Your Post:
Unread 04-14-2019, 09:23 PM   #48
Richard Flanders
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 5,538 Times in 1,717 Posts

Edgar is spot on... as usual when it comes to matters of metal. I was sitting thinking pretty much what he wrote before I read his post. I wouldn't spend another penny on this one. I'd salvage usable internal parts and give the frame to someone to use as an example of just how wrong things can go and move on. I wouldn't waste my time going after anyone for anything; Life is just too short for that. I'm sitting here now wishing I had my families VH12 that needs a stock and the top rib re-layed so I could send it to Joe so he could try again.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Richard Flanders For Your Post:
Unread 04-15-2019, 07:05 AM   #49
JJ Roberts
Forum Associate

Member Info

I meet with Mr. Graziano at the gun show this weekend and gave him my VH Parker frame witch I was saving to engrave and if Joe need any other parts no problem.I have worked with Classic Guns for many years and never had any problems Mr. Gillette has health problems and not been able to watch over the work I will make this right. J.J.Roberts
Visit James J. Roberts's homepage!
Unread 04-15-2019, 12:38 PM   #50
todd allen
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 3,278 Times in 1,135 Posts

I had not heard of Mr. Roberts before, so I did a little Internet research. Nowhere did I see anything negative. Quite the contrary. He has a lot of great reviews, and testimonials.
We can only guess where this went wrong, but appears JJ is on track to make it right.
I'm glad I kept my mouth/keyboard shut.
When I was in business, we learned that sometimes it's more about how you handle screw-ups, than how well you did on your great deeds
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to todd allen For Your Post:
Closed Thread