Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

Unread 11-03-2009, 10:57 PM   #11
Dean Romig
PGCA Invincible
Life Member

Member Info

Thanked 33,181 Times in 12,364 Posts

If we can't be gentlemen (and at least give newcomers "the time of day" and answer a few questions) but rather treat them like trolls and theives then we are nothing more than thugs and bullies. Pretty poor form, I say.
Dean Romig is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dean Romig For Your Post:
Unread 11-03-2009, 11:30 PM   #12
Lee St.Clair
Forum Associate

Member Info

First of all I am a she.ty. This gun was a gift from a club member of a private duck hunting club on Lakle Erie to the caretaker in 1923. That caretaker was my great grandfather. I purchased the gun from a relative in 1985 and gave it to my father for Christmas, as it was his grandfathers. It was recently given back to me.
As I stated in my original post I did not know if this was the venue to request such assistance. I was not specifically asking for a value of the gun, just for my best way to go about finding that value and my best way to sell as to not be takin advantage of.
And alas, I find myself more frustrated from my experience on this forum then assisted.
Is sad that a few 'unhappy'(if that is the right word) guys had to dampen my experience.
I live right down the road from the nat'l rifle matches....so if any of you guys(the nice ones only please) go to the matches stop by next summer.....I'll show you around a marsh that presidents have hunted!! smiles.
Lee St.Clair is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-03-2009, 11:55 PM   #13
Rod N. Gunn
Forum Associate

Member Info

I agree with Dean, people here should show some courtesy and welcome new people to the forum. If the man (or woman) has a gun she's trying to learn more about before she sells it - good for her. That said, if people expect to drop in here get bids for Grandpa's gun with vague descriptions, they are wasting digital space. If you really want to learn something about a gun, post the spec.s, including the serial number, along with some pictures and you'll get more information than you may have wanted, including valuation advice. Lee: give these guys more info, they'll help you. I've learned a lot from this site.
Dave Fuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-03-2009, 11:59 PM   #14
MarketHunter
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 4,028 Times in 1,164 Posts

I'll just bow out and let the "gentlemen" take over.

We don't sell guns on here and this was essentially an offer to sell, let's all keep that in mind.

DLH

P.S. I'm happy as a clam.
I was as virtuously given as a gentleman need to be; virtuous enough; swore little; diced not above seven times a week; went to a bawdy-house once in a quarter--of an hour; paid money that I borrowed, three of four times; lived well and in good compass: and now I live out of all order, out of all compass. Falstaff - Henry IV
Destry L. Hoffard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-04-2009, 07:04 AM   #15
Harry Collins
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 1,757 Times in 732 Posts

Lee,

I am going out on a limb here and say that I am sorry about your Father. For whatever reasn he is no longer the care taker of this Parker.

Yor Parker is indeed a 1923 12 gauge PHE with 34" Parker Steel barrels and capped pistol grip. This would be a very desirable Parker depending on condition. Please email the pictures to me and I will be able to post them here this afternoon. hmcollins2@hotmail.com

You may not want to keep this Parker, but someone in the family may. You might offer it around to them first.

Kindest, Harry
Harry Collins is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-04-2009, 01:33 PM   #16
Bill Bolyard
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Lee was nice enough to forward the pics to me here you go.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg parker_on_table_003.jpg (33.7 KB, 338 views)
File Type: jpg parker_on_table_005.jpg (33.9 KB, 339 views)
File Type: jpg parker_on_table_006.jpg (30.1 KB, 340 views)
File Type: jpg parker_on_table_009.jpg (31.7 KB, 340 views)

"Let me hasten to explain, ere the cat people bristle their back fur,that we have nothing against little kitties who stay by the fire and restrict their diet to canned salmon. Our members wouldn't dream of shooting a cat in the lap of an elderly lady sitting in a rocking chair in the front parlor, provided the window is closed".

Corey Ford
Bill Bolyard is offline   Reply With Quote
Manners
Unread 11-04-2009, 01:42 PM   #17
C grade
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 1,233 Times in 454 Posts

Default Manners

Destry
That was rude! I would like to see people welcomed here not insulted. I run into quite a few people who just need an informed opinion on their Parker and its value. I for one like to help people if I can .
David
David Dwyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-04-2009, 02:47 PM   #18
Bill Bolyard
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Lee,

It appears that Parker only made 5 PH guns with Parker steel barrels in the 34" length. Your gun also has ejectors which may be a one of a kind.

"Let me hasten to explain, ere the cat people bristle their back fur,that we have nothing against little kitties who stay by the fire and restrict their diet to canned salmon. Our members wouldn't dream of shooting a cat in the lap of an elderly lady sitting in a rocking chair in the front parlor, provided the window is closed".

Corey Ford
Bill Bolyard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-04-2009, 03:11 PM   #19
Ed Blake
PGCA Member

Member Info

I bet that thing has shot skads of ducks. Someone here could give it a good home. Let's see, who here likes those long 34" barrels?
Ed Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-04-2009, 03:21 PM   #20
David Hamilton
Forum Associate

Member Info

This is the kind of Parker Destry loves! Nice gun! Hold on to it if you can as family guns have an especial place in the the hearts of Parker collectors. David
David Hamilton is offline   Reply With Quote