Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

16ga Parkers - "The Little Guns" and "The People's Choice"
Unread 07-13-2009, 11:17 AM   #1
JLoew
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 6,143 Times in 830 Posts

Exclamation 16ga Parkers - "The Little Guns" and "The People's Choice"

This years Annual Meeting Banquet Theme is "The 16ga Parker gun." Both hammer and hammerless models are welcome for display at this years banquet. We welcome all Banquet attendees to bring their favorite and special Parker 16ga gun to this years Annual Meeting Banquet.

We will have a limited number (approximately 50) of reserved spaces available to display Parker 16ga guns at this years Banquet. They will be reserved on a first come first served basis. Each gun that has a space reserved will be assigned a number and that number will reflect its table position at the banquet.

Again, this year Annual banquet attendees will have the opportunity to pick "The People's Choice Award" which will be expanded to include a second prize for the gun that receives the second highest number of votes.

For additional details and to reserve spaces at this years Banquet for your special 16ga Parker, please contact me through PM on this website or on email at:

JoshLoew@yahoo.com

We are looking forward to seeing many fine guns at this years banquet. Please dont hesitate to contact me with any questions or concerns.
Josh Loewensteiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2009, 02:00 PM   #2
JLoew
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Hello All-

Please keep the entries coming. We have a number of most interesting hammer and hammerless guns entered so far, including guns with family history that were used to one that is completely brand new and appears not to have been fired.

The prizes look beautiful for the "People's Choice Awards." This year we will have 1st, 2nd, and 3rd prizes to the guns that receive the highest number of votes. I will try to photograph them shortly.

Please email me with the gun you would like to bring to the banquet to reserve your space.

Thanks!
Josh Loewensteiner
JoshLoew@yahoo.com
Unread 08-16-2009, 07:18 PM   #3
JLoew
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Gents,

Keep the display guns coming for the PGCA Annual Meeting banquet. I've got the Second and Third place prizes in now. They are:

Second Place: Gold plated 16ga Snap Caps Engraved

Third Place: Nickel plated 16ga Snap Caps Engraved
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 005.jpg (491.0 KB, 37 views)
File Type: jpg 006.JPG (373.5 KB, 33 views)
Unread 09-09-2009, 09:25 AM   #4
Buddy Marson
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Last year, as most will remember, we had a problem with very poor lighting over the display tables. Some of us were even using flashlights to see the displayed guns. Has this problem been addressed this year?

Buddy
Buddy Marson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2009, 11:14 AM   #5
Opening Day
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 2,074 Times in 1,190 Posts

From what I understand, the guns will be displayed in the center of the room so that lighting will be better. Maybe Josh can explain it better. Eric
Eric Eis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2009, 01:11 PM   #6
JLoew
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Buddy and Eric,

Thanks for the comment and a great opportunity to talk about how the display will improve this year.

This year we will have the guns displayed in the center of the hall. Each PGCA member will be receiving a key chain flashlight as a small party favor. Each table, electricity permitting, will have a table mounted light on them. Each table will be reserved for 4 guns per table. So far we have approximately 25+ guns which means we've got about 15 spots left open. Once we're filled up, that's it!

For those that are attending, we are going to have some truly superior guns on display including Bernard barreled 16ga guns, A famous damascus AAHE 16ga, and everything in between from A1S's to V's that are brand new in their original box.
Unread 09-18-2009, 09:44 AM   #7
JLoew
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Last call - last 10 spots left. I had all the table lamps sitting on the kitchen table last night until my wife made me move them off and assemble them!They are now ready to go. Lighting for the guns in this year's display will not be a problem!

This year's first place prize is a beautiful Smith Gun Display stand, much like last year's. It is gorgeous and will compliment any gun room.

Stop by my table in the PGCA tent next week with any last minute additions. Thanks again for your continued support.
Unread 09-25-2009, 08:58 PM   #8
John D.
PGCA Lifer
Admin

Member Info

Thanked 4,158 Times in 823 Posts

last bump as I take this down as a Sticky... After the Banquet, I hope someone updates this thread with pics!!

John
John Dunkle is offline   Reply With Quote