Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums Parker Reproductions

Notices

Unread 07-11-2009, 01:11 AM   #11
Rod N. Gunn
Forum Associate

Member Info

And what might have happened to the other barrels??? Nonetheless, $2800 for a repro in decent shape, even though it is chopped, is maybe not such a bad deal if you want a nice field gun. Am I wrong?

It is interesting to watch how the saws and screw drivers are starting to take the same toll on the Reproductions that they have on the originals. Case in point, I recently sent back a Repro in the configuration that I have been looking for years and thought I had finally found. The gun was described as 98%. When it arrived I found a bent stock, cracked stock, sanded stock, buggered screws all around, filthy barrels, etc... messed with by a hack(s). So I'll keep looking... I really like owning and collecting the Repro.s
Dave Fuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2009, 07:53 AM   #12
Chris T.
PGCA Member

Member Info

I still have all three sets. Give me a call if you want to talk.
Chris Travinski is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2009, 12:53 PM   #13
Wild Skies
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 3,603 Times in 984 Posts

Chris, I and I'm pretty sure others are curious...assuming the gun was an original 3-bbl. set with case, why would you want to break it up?
Greg Baehman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2009, 02:07 PM   #14
Chris T.
PGCA Member

Member Info

It was sort of a no brainer for me to buy it. I bought it right and used it a little, but the stock is too short for me and I really want one with a ssbp. A few weeks after I bought it, a nice 12 ga. doubble trigger, straight grip, w/ 28" IC/Mod barrels popped up on gunsamerica and I thougt it would be nice to have a two 28" barrel set. There was some interest in the set in pieces, so I figured I could make a few people happy and make a few bucks. Of course it didn't work out, I figured I should keep it for sale so I'll have the money when the right gun comes up. Twisted story? Send me a PM if you have any interest.

Chris
Chris Travinski is offline   Reply With Quote