Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums Parker Reproductions

Notices

Reproductions in the field...
Unread 12-20-2008, 06:19 PM   #1
SXS OHIO
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 1,888 Times in 533 Posts

Default Reproductions in the field...

I have been shooting various Parker repro's for couple years now. Im an old school guy... Mine are all double trigger guns just like my original parkers. I have not ever had anything go wrong with any of my repro's and we shoot 50 targets a week at clays and 50 more at skeet or five stand. I shoot these games to keep sharp for upland hunting not score...I shoot low gun on all the games. On my november trip to Kansas this year I used a parker repro fitted with 16ga Galazan barrels made by Kreigoff.... They come 28" choked mod /full. I had Lou open the mod barrel to .009= IC and the left barrel full at .034 was left alone. Only one bird escaped my swarm of 5# during my hunt...It was flushed 40 yards to my left down in a bottom. my buddy missed two times as the bird gained speed and altitude. We had a strong tail wind going and the bird was realy smoken ...I pulled up on him as he passed 30 feet up over head..bang.....bang to kleen misses. I shot behind him, never knew a bird could brake the sound barrier...or out run led! Now I know why skeet shooting is so important to hunters. The repro's are a joy to hunt and shoot and we are all lucky to have them. thanks All...(-:
Kenny Graft is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kenny Graft For Your Post:
Parker Repros
Unread 05-25-2009, 08:17 AM   #2
Art Wheaton
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Default Parker Repros

Kenny...

The Parker Repro is well liked by many of our members and I hope we will soon see a fine article that Dave Suponski has agreed to serve up for Parker Pages. Dave is researching now on it. Good shooting!

Art Wheaton
Art Wheaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2009, 07:53 PM   #3
Autumn Daze
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 4,047 Times in 1,727 Posts

Art,Thanks for the kudos. But I must give all the credit to member Kenny Graft as he has graciously agreed to author this article. Kenny has a very nice collection of Parker Repros as well as a great collection of available lierature.I think this article will be a treat for us all!
Unread 05-25-2009, 08:49 PM   #4
Art Wheaton
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Suponski View Post
Art,Thanks for the kudos. But I must give all the credit to member Kenny Graft as he has graciously agreed to author this article. Kenny has a very nice collection of Parker Repros as well as a great collection of available lierature.I think this article will be a treat for us all!

My apologies to Kenny, indeed. We look forward to a submission in PP and thanks to Kenny for the good work.
Art Wheaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2009, 11:59 PM   #5
Dean Romig
PGCA Invincible
Life Member

Member Info

Thanked 33,041 Times in 12,322 Posts

I, too, have a few Parker Repros and hunting grouse and woodcock with a little 28 ga Repro is about as much fun as a guy can have. There's really an awful lot to learn about the Parker Reproduction by Winchester and I'm really looking forward to Kenny's article.
Dean
Dean Romig is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2009, 07:50 PM   #6
Bill Bolyard
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Bobs gunshop in Alpena Mi just got in a 28ga repro with double triggers. The only reason I bring it up as I know they are not common. I am sure he will also have his optimistic pricing.

Bill
Bill Bolyard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2009, 07:58 PM   #7
Autumn Daze
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 4,047 Times in 1,727 Posts

Bill,I will own one of those double trigger Repros some day!
Unread 06-04-2009, 11:10 PM   #8
Dean Romig
PGCA Invincible
Life Member

Member Info

Thanked 33,041 Times in 12,322 Posts

I have two 28 ga. Repros with double triggers and one 20 ga. Repro with a single trigger. In my opinion a single trigger on one of these is a handicap if it's being used for hunting. This one's choked Q1 & Q2 the other is straight grip, DT, imp/mod and the barrels interchange perfectly.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 004.JPG (108.9 KB, 28 views)

Last edited by Dean Romig; 06-04-2009 at 11:20 PM..
Dean Romig is online now   Reply With Quote
Now is the time!!!!
Unread 06-05-2009, 08:52 AM   #9
SXS OHIO
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 1,888 Times in 533 Posts

Default Now is the time!!!!

I have been on top of the repro market now for several years and like most of the quality firearms prices are rising. My best buy for a one barrel set 28ga was back 11-7-05 It was 99% like new Dt-PG-SF 14 1/4 asking price on gun broker was 3795.00 it was listed for several weeks with no takers...I sent him a offer of 3500.00 shiped...(-: Yup its in my safe today! The last 28ga one barrel set was bought from chadicks 7-18-08. I was parker poor and I talked my wife into investing in it. I felt it was a good price for a scarce repro....sure to go up. Its a 28" M/F DT-PG-BTF also 98-99% 4850.00 shiped. Its the only item in her portfolio that is going up in value! The only place to find these guns is on the net, no one ever walks into my gun shop wanting to sell one! There just arn't that many around. That said you will pay the going price from the dealers who get them if you want one...I have no regrets on any of them I paid top dollar for in the past few years as they are all worth more today, plus I get to shoot them. If the gun you like is a must have and its 500.00 over the amount you feel you want to pay...well buy it anyway.... in one year you will be ahead. As for the future....after inflation kicks in (SOON) and intrest rates rise and the dollar ajusts after they print several trillion more of them a repro could cost 20K for a shooter. Yup...now is the time! One day we will wake up....the dallor will be worthless...but not our parkers!!! thanks all, Kenny Graft in ohio...(-:
Kenny Graft is offline   Reply With Quote