Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums Parker Reproductions

Notices

Hand workmanship in Repros?
Unread 07-26-2009, 11:38 AM   #1
Joe Bernfeld
Forum Associate

Member Info

Question Hand workmanship in Repros?

On another (Spanish guns) forum, someone asked for a comparison between an AYA #2 and Parker Repro shotguns. I said I thought the Repros had better material and workmanship (I've owned both). Someone posted that the AYAs are hand built and the Parker Repros were machine built (not that this would affect my preference). Anyone (Richard Skeuse?) know how much hand fitting and finishing actually went into the Repros?
Joe
Joe Bernfeld is offline   Reply With Quote
I would think...compair..value and price$$
Unread 07-26-2009, 09:02 PM   #2
SXS OHIO
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 1,888 Times in 533 Posts

Default I would think...compair..value and price$$

The retail price of a hand made gun would be mutch mutch more than production type guns as the repro and AYA and others made with CNC milled parts. Those hand made forms of art are for the ritch and shamless...For the rest of us....The Japanees skilled hand labor was very reasonable compaired to other countries in the 80-s and it was top shelf workmanship! We got alot for our dollar back then! I think if the Ohlin-Kodensha was still producing the repro's now retail would be 10-12000.00 each in todays dollars. That said the repro is a better item value wise today compaired to other guns at their price point. To me the best thing about the Parker Reproductions by Winchester is the fack that its a great Amercan gun remade, they are parkers! Mine have worked flawlessly and give me great pleasure own and use, just like my original Parkers from the past! I realy like the fact I can afford a 28ga DHE parker two barrel set that is mint new without selling my home! I did pay 2/3 the cost of a good v grade .410 for one of the rare repro 410/28 sets but I realy like it. If there was availible a minty original .410/28 DHE it would be 100,000.00 or more! Now how is that for a bargan repro set!!!. Im sure with reasonable care they will be working hard well into the future just like the originals! They will pass the test of time! I realy like the chrome lined bores...they clean up better,faster than the originals. thanks all Kenny Graft SXS ohio....(-:
Kenny Graft is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2009, 10:39 PM   #3
Joe Bernfeld
Forum Associate

Member Info

Thanks, Kenny, I like 'em too; I've owned 8. But that doesn't answer my question about how much hand fitting and finishing went into them. AYA does use a lot of hand work (which in my mind doesn't necessarily make them better).
Joe
Joe Bernfeld is offline   Reply With Quote