Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

Unread 05-24-2018, 08:47 AM   #71
Dean Romig
PGCA Invincible
Life Member

Member Info

Thanked 33,041 Times in 12,322 Posts

Dean?........?

George King, "That's Ruff", 2010 - a timeless classic.
Dean Romig is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2018, 09:24 AM   #72
Southpaw
Forum Associate

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Moffa View Post
This is a recollection of a conversation that happened at the Southern HOF dinner. I actually have to thank Mr A. Wheaton for setting the flag in the ground for the his answer to my question answer of his question of how many Parkers I had. He said he had "a lot," I asked him how many in "a lot," he said about 200. The reason that I have to thank him is that my Pretty Wife was sitting between us and now considers that I have about 175 to go to get to "a lot," that she will let me get a few more.

How does this refer back to the subject of this thread, well let me put it this way, if one has the patience one will get "a lot" of Parkers.
Love it. "A lot" is a great loose and respective description. A lot to someone could mean only a little to someone else. Essentially it is really an undefinable metric.

Remember years ago my first trip to NYC. Went to Carnegie Deli to get a bagle with cream cheese for breakfast. Being from the South and a grit eater was not really accustomed to bagles and cream cheese nor hash browns for breakfast, but when in Rome, so I went with it.

Waiting in line to place my order similar to the Soup Nazi scene from Seinfeld crossed with placing an order at the Varsity in downtown Atlanta so when its my turn I order a simple bagle with cream cheese. The fella asks me how much cream cheese, like I did not know I had a choice. He asks again how much and I am clearly stumped and adds do you want a little or a lot. So I ask how much is " a little" and how much is "a lot".

He does not define or even take time to describe he just loudly sounding exasperated yells back to me do you want a little or a lot. Clearly I now have everyones in the store looking at me and this interactive scene. So I try and diffuse explain, "hey I'm not from around here and this is my first time here so can you show me what is " a little" as compared to "a lot". He just blinks once or twice and yells at me again do you want " a little or a lot". Faced with this challenge and point of no return discussion in my most clearly laid out over exaggerated southern redneck tone I could muster, I replied "Give me the damn lot" and everyone in the store cheered.

Then he asked me if wanted the bagle toasted. I replied whatever you recommend and he yells "toasted or untoasted". I yell back "toast the shee-it", and the crowd chuckles. I look back and fella behind me is shaking his head and laughing. I am thinking man have I stepped into it now.

So the fella makes the bagle and I am watching to make sure he does not do something weird but I don't know what or really notice how much cream cheese he puts on it. He quickly and efficiently wraps it up puts into a bag and I go and pay for it he has this shit eating chuckling grin on his face similar to a dog I once had that would like to roll in anything rotten and then want to come and rub on my leg wanting me to pet him. At this point I am wondering if I should even eat this thing.

I go outside and unwrap the bagle and there must have been two inches of solid cream cheese in between the bagle halves. I thought there is no way this is right, this guy is messing with me. I mean my heart almost locked up looking at all that cream cheese. I mean this really had to be a joke and my wife told me, maybe you should not of told him where you came from. Anyway so I am suspiciously eating this thing and trying to choke it down thinking the whole time this guy is laughing his ass off telling people how he punked a redneck with cream cheese. That is until I noticed a few other people walking out with bagles and cream cheese and they had just as much or even more on their bagles then I did and from all appearances seemed to be native New Yorkers. I was clearly baffled.

So the remainder of my time there and every time I meet someone from New York I ask them how much is " a little or a lot of cream cheese" to them and answers vary.
Todd Poer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Todd Poer For Your Post:
Unread 05-24-2018, 09:45 AM   #73
Southpaw
Forum Associate

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Romig View Post
Dean?........?

Something messed up. I quoted a reply of yours in subsequent message but then it referenced some one elses post. Below is your quote

Right, Homer's.

How 'bout them sirens in Oh Brother Where Art Thou! Weren't they somethin'?

Confused and Confusing.
Todd Poer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Todd Poer For Your Post:
Gun Racks Complete
Unread 07-19-2018, 03:21 PM   #74
Randy Roberts
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 5,604 Times in 1,842 Posts

Default Gun Racks Complete

Back in May within this post Bill Murphy made us aware of a gent building gun racks. I will not elaborate on that as you can scroll back and read it and obtain contact info if you desire. I indicated that I had ordered a set to fill an 8' section of wall in my gun room. The original plan was for the supplier (Ted) to deliver them some time this week. Imagine my surprise when they were delivered some 2 weeks or more early. Ted said he had a big job come in and wanted to be sure he got these out in time. That rarely happens these days.
They were everything I expected. The fit and work was just perfect including the assembly instructions, actually easy to assemble. I applied a coat of stain and 3 coats of tung oil. All the barrel notches in the top rail are wide notches for SxS guns but Ted will build them any way you like. The pics are just cell phone pics but they will get the idea across.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Racks (2).jpg (398.3 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg Racks (3).jpg (254.9 KB, 3 views)
Randy G Roberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-19-2018, 03:58 PM   #75
Mills
PGCA Lifetime Member
Since 3rd Grade

Member Info

Thanked 12,307 Times in 4,412 Posts

That is awesome
Mills Morrison is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mills Morrison For Your Post:
Unread 07-19-2018, 05:06 PM   #76
King Cobb
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 1,521 Times in 405 Posts

Thats a nice rack. I had a gun cabinet at one time, but we got rid of it and got a gun safe when the 1st kid was born. Our current house has a built in Safe in a locked cabinet. It does the job, but while secure, it doesn't exactly allow for display...
Unread 07-19-2018, 05:45 PM   #77
Bill Murphy
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 8,785 Times in 4,718 Posts

The person who built Randy's racks built my racks and I am very satisfied. His name is Ted and his website is 7.62x54r.net . His work is as good as it gets. I did not opt for any staining because it adds to the price and I just don't need it. My vault is about finished thanks to Ted and a friend, Larry Cole from Rockville, MD, who jumped in for the hard work.
Bill Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bill Murphy For Your Post:
Unread 07-20-2018, 11:19 AM   #78
Mills
PGCA Lifetime Member
Since 3rd Grade

Member Info

Thanked 12,307 Times in 4,412 Posts

The website is great. This link here will take you right to where you need to be

http://7.62x54r.net/MosinID/MosinRacks.htm#Info
Mills Morrison is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mills Morrison For Your Post:
Unread 07-20-2018, 01:09 PM   #79
Randy Roberts
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 5,604 Times in 1,842 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mills Morrison View Post
The website is great. This link here will take you right to where you need to be

http://7.62x54r.net/MosinID/MosinRacks.htm#Info
It is a good website but it only gets better when you get some info to Ted. He is amazing at this gun rack biz. I basically gave him an idea with some wall dimensions and from there he drew up a plan and we modified and tweaked until it was just what I wanted. For anyone that has an interest in finishing their own racks it is so simple and takes little time. Tung oil goes on really easy and fast with an applicator pad.
Randy G Roberts is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Randy G Roberts For Your Post:
Unread 12-25-2021, 03:11 PM   #80
Bill Murphy
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 8,785 Times in 4,718 Posts

It's really unfortunate that Ted is no longer in the gun rack business. He saved me thousands of dollars in carpentry work. His work was professional and unusually quick. Too bad, we would like to see Ted back in business.
Bill Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote