Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums Parker Reproductions

Notices

Parker 28 gage repro info
Unread 02-21-2014, 03:53 PM   #1
Alligator
Forum Associate

Member Info

Default Parker 28 gage repro info

I am attempting to sell my Perazzi MX20 and have posted I would accept a trade of a 28 gage side by side preferably a Parker Repro. What is the approximate weight of such a gun, and who will work on one with a single trigger if needed. I owned a 20 gage double trigger straight grip a few years ago and I am aware of the "disappearing" color case and it seems I heard there was some problems with the single trigger versions also. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks, Lee.
lee r moege is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2014, 05:12 PM   #2
Wild Skies
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 3,617 Times in 988 Posts

Most 28-ga. Repros will weigh between 5 lbs. 8 oz. and 5 lbs. 12 oz. depending upon configuration, wood density and barrel length. Yes, you may find examples an ounce or two one way or the other of that range.

Most of the single trigger issues you may have heard about have been resolved with a simple cleaning. Virtually any experienced gunsmith versed in fine doubles should be able to handle that. I will wait to hear who others might recommend for mechanical issues as I haven't had any experience going down that road.
The Following User Says Thank You to Greg Baehman For Your Post:
Unread 02-21-2014, 06:42 PM   #3
Alligator
Forum Associate

Member Info

Thanks Greg. That's what I was hoping to hear! I have been doing this stuff for 60 years and have been in many Parkers and others. Most of all my collection was sold last year after my last open heart surgery and I don't currently own a single Parker, and it hurts!! I'm trying to get back a little! Thanks, Lee.
Unread 02-21-2014, 11:18 PM   #4
Joe Bernfeld
Forum Associate

Member Info

Sorry to correct you, but with all due respect, it's "gauge," not "gage" .
Joe Bernfeld is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2014, 04:33 PM   #5
Alligator
Forum Associate

Member Info

I stand humbly corrected! To much throwback to my toolmakers apprenticeship. Shucks most of us couldn't probably read or spell anyway! Lee
The Following User Says Thank You to lee r moege For Your Post:
Unread 02-23-2014, 04:58 PM   #6
Big D
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 3,615 Times in 1,557 Posts

Either one is better than "guage" in my book.
John Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2014, 06:22 PM   #7
Bill Murphy
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 8,868 Times in 4,754 Posts

Lee, how did you sell your guns?
Bill Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2014, 06:53 PM   #8
Alligator
Forum Associate

Member Info

Bill: We have in Topeka, KS Kull auction which was formerly owned by Jim Supica and Dan Kull before Jim went to the NRA Museum. They have an online/catalog auction and have sold many high grade guns without the big advertising/commissions of the BIG boys. They have sold a lot of guns that were upscale for most of us "plowboys" but not the Parker A 1 Special class. Just a good auction for way above average but not Petersen collection stuff. I was very satisfied with the results of my auction, but it just ain't the same without Jim and his connections. I would like to sell/trade my Perazzi MX 20 / Pachmayr for a Parker 28 gauge that I want for a field gun and draw back a couple bucks for a charity I support. I tried to trade for a 28 gauge Parker repro with Jaqua's that was priced at $4295. I listed my Perazzi on Trapshooters.com for $5900.00 to allow for an inflated trade price knowing, what I was looking for had a MSRP of $4075.00 and a street price of $3350 everywhere. They wanted to cut my price, give me 75% of it ask full price for theirs, and want $900 difference their way. The day I trade a Perazzi/Pachmayr (one on 147) and give boot for a used Parker Repro is my wifes decision after she kills me!! Thanks for the note! Lee.