Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums Parker Hammer Guns

Notices

Need more help fellows
Unread 12-17-2009, 08:32 AM   #1
ch
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Default Need more help fellows

How do u take the stock off a 1881 lifter? Got fireing pin spring made thanks 4 the help. Right barrel works got phesant. The old girl smiled it made her day. ch
calvin humburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2009, 10:43 AM   #2
Sean Harper
Forum Associate

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by calvin humburg View Post
How do u take the stock off a 1881 lifter? Got fireing pin spring made thanks 4 the help. Right barrel works got phesant. The old girl smiled it made her day. ch
Calvin, I am currently embroiled in a restoration project on an 1880 lifter. I have the gun totally dismantled. Here are the posts that I reated while looking for help with your exact question:

http://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=1004
http://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=1029

Go very slowly, use very light pressure. There is complete directions on stock removal in these two threads. PM me if you need further assistance.
Good luck!
Sean Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2009, 07:26 AM   #3
ch
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Sean,
Thanks but it didn't help much. It's got a crack under the lock mortis 2 the trigger guard. In what order would u put the steps 2 get stock off. Is it as simple as taking screws out of tangs and easing it out? Also she's got a barrel dent small towards the end. Left barrel choke is not round, can I get any thing done about this. Yeah I probably paid 2 much 4 it also but shes getting some well decerved tlc now. ch
Unread 12-18-2009, 04:42 PM   #4
Sean Harper
Forum Associate

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by calvin humburg View Post
Sean,
Thanks but it didn't help much. It's got a crack under the lock mortis 2 the trigger guard. In what order would u put the steps 2 get stock off. Is it as simple as taking screws out of tangs and easing it out? Also she's got a barrel dent small towards the end. Left barrel choke is not round, can I get any thing done about this. Yeah I probably paid 2 much 4 it also but shes getting some well decerved tlc now. ch
I think pictures of your gun would be appropriate at this point Calvin. If there are cracks in the stock, these will need to be appropriately repaired with appropriate methods. Be sure that all metal is soaked with a penetrating oil. Give the oil time to set in. Then start pulling the screw behind the left locking plate. Pull the plates off gently. Then apply more oil to the inside. Then you can start removal from the stock. Follow the sage advice in my other posts, this will help you to identify the appropriate screws and steps. But, I still need pictures of your gun.

As for your barel, that problem will need to be adressed by a professional gunsmith.
Sean Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-19-2009, 08:24 AM   #5
ch
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Sean,
I think the barrel dent can b taken out I read in a websight Harry told me about. I'll get the stock off and crack fixed way before I can figure out how 2 get pictures on the internet............. ch