Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Announcement, Help & Introduction Forums New User Introductions

Notices

New member, long time collector
Unread 02-17-2014, 12:29 AM   #1
Jim Signore
Forum Associate

Member Info

Default New member, long time collector

Hello guys, new to the club. I picked up a 20ga Utica Sterlingworth and a 12ga Trojan today, and searching online for info on the Trojan brought me here. It's a little worse for wear but still a nice piece and it shoots well. I have a 16ga Trojan I bought years ago, but that was before the internet, I'll be getting it out now that I have found this club and learning more about that one. I've learned alot so far today reading through some of the FAQ's and such, what a great place for information! I've answered all the questions I have so far just by reading, so just saying hello for now.
Jim Signore is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2014, 06:58 AM   #2
Big Friend Ten (BFT)
PGCA Lifetime Member

Member Info

Thanked 2,933 Times in 795 Posts

Hi Jim,

Welcome aboard! If you have any more questions please post them. Answers or perhaps opinions will be sure to follow!

Mark

USMC Retired
USMC Distinguished Marksman
USMC Distinguished Pistol Shot
NRA Benefactor - Ring of Freedom member
Mark Ouellette is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2014, 07:00 AM   #3
Dean Romig
PGCA Invincible
Life Member

Member Info

Thanked 33,238 Times in 12,378 Posts

Welcome Jim. You're right - this is a nice place to learn. Even the old-timers continue to learn here.
Dean Romig is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2014, 10:38 PM   #4
Jim Signore
Forum Associate

Member Info

Thanks for the welcome guys. I've been around doubles all my life but the Parker was always the top end of the doubles and I couldn't get near them. I got the 16 years and years ago and the 12 yesterday, so my experiences are very limited in the Parker line. I've had to suffer with lowly Foxes and Smith's and LeFever's all this time, just kidding of course, I love my Foxes, Smith's and LeFever's. But in terms of knowledge, those are what I know, and now I'm going to learn about Parker's. And in my time here so far, I've found the palce to be. Now if I can just find some replacement wood for this 12 I just got, I'll be all set. Thanks again!!
The Following User Says Thank You to Jim Signore For Your Post:
Unread 02-17-2014, 11:02 PM   #5
George Lander
Forum Associate

Member Info

Jim, There's nothing "lowly" about Fox, L.C. Smith & Lefevre, but welcome to Parker. One or two is not nearly enough. Make the next one a VH(E)

Best Regards and Welcome, George
George Lander is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2014, 11:18 PM   #6
Jim Signore
Forum Associate

Member Info

George, My internet sarcasm isn't working so well today, hahaha. I certainly don't consider any of the other pieces in my collection to be lowly that's for sure. Even the pieces that are showing their age and what alot of people would consider "parts guns". Ever since I was 10 or 12 years old, doubles have always been a passion of mine, but when I was buying my first ones at 14 or 15, Parker's were out of my price range with the weekly allowance and snow shoveling money. Now even with real adult money and the market the way it is, any of them are hard to swing, want vs. need and all that. But I've always wanted more Parker's to go with the others, so a step in the right direction. Unfortunately I need to start adding small bores to the collection, so time to dig deep, those will make anyone's wallet hurt.
Unread 02-18-2014, 11:35 AM   #7
George Lander
Forum Associate

Member Info

Jim: Right You Are! My rule of thumb on Parkers is 10's & 12s are X$, 16s are 2xX$, 20s are 4xX$s, 28s are 8xX$ and .410s are 16xX$. All condition being the same.

Best Regards, George
George Lander is offline   Reply With Quote