Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Announcement, Help & Introduction Forums New User Introductions

Notices

Canadian transplant gets family Lewis double
Unread 12-19-2013, 07:16 PM   #1
DMason
Forum Associate

Member Info

Default Canadian transplant gets family Lewis double

Hi all,

I sure wish I had a Parker but I'll take the Ithaca Lewis double that I just aquired!

It's serial number is 120***, built 1906. It was traded for supplies from a Native Canadian man(first Nations) at my family's Hardware store in the Okanagan Valley, British Columbia, about 80 years ago.

It is just beautiful, but not functioning...

The metal is great, no pitting, shiny barrels, and the furniture is perfect, no splits, cracks or repairs.

But the receiver sure has a problem. It would not cock upon breaking the barrels. I took it down, almost. I can not get the barrel break lever nor the barrel catch off. Under the lever screw, I can see it is fitted to a cut in the shape of a square. The square is around the outside of the lever screw hole. I don't know if the lever pops off around that square or it is all one piece. I think it is one piece.

Everything else is off (firing pins and springs, hammers, sears, triggers and plate, mainsprings, all parts of the safety, the stock, etc.), but not the above stated assembly below the lever and it's connection down to the barrel 'catch', that slides back and forth with the lever.

I would love to complete the dismantle. Can anyone help with the last part of my take down?

I will also be looking for at least 4 screws; the 2 firing pin holder screws, both were in pieces upon removal (metal fatigue?), and the 2 hammer holding screws, which I buggered both up upon removal. I will most likely have to make my own screw replacements. Does anyone know what the pitch of screws were on American double guns of that era were?

Thank you all in advance for any help with parts (screws) and take down (break lever and barrel catch assembly).
Dan Mason is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-19-2013, 08:06 PM   #2
charlie cleveland
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 7,794 Times in 3,967 Posts

hello dan welcome to the forem..congratulations on that ithaca i bet that gun could tell us some good tales...i can not help with the gun questions but there are some here that can help..they will pitch in here soon good luck with the gun... charlie
charlie cleveland is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
disassembly, ithaca, lewis, receiver, screw size