Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Non-Parker Specific & General Discussions General Discussions about Other Fine Doubles

Notices

Unread 02-10-2014, 05:34 PM   #21
Kensal Rise
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 2,577 Times in 926 Posts

Wayne:
There seems to be an eagle in the center of the buttplate, surrounded by a band with some wording? What is that wording if there is any? Many Brit makers would try to tailor their wares to the US market tastes with such images and potentially some marketing jargon on the plate.

And... Why would you want to re-case that gun? No slight against Brad, who is a master 'smith, but I'd simply clean off the grungy patina of the action and re-brown the barrels along with a stock fresh-up. But that's just me. It's your gun.
John Campbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2014, 05:49 PM   #22
wayne goerres
Forum Associate

Member Info

Well were going to case color it because some idiot blued the frame. As far as I can tell that isn't wording just little designs. I used a magnifier and couldn't make anything out of them. As far as the restoration if your going to refinish the barrels and refinish the stock I figure you may as well go all the way.
wayne goerres is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to wayne goerres For Your Post:
Unread 02-10-2014, 09:25 PM   #23
Milton Starr
Forum Associate

Member Info

Wayne glad to see the pictures of the 8 ga . sellers never can take as good as pictures as we can when we get them home it seems like lol . Beautiful gun hope you get some good memorys from it .
Im hoping to getting my 10 ga Edwinson green next month . Might get some restoration done on it since its actually worth something . Also I know where a hammerless 10 ga scott is if interested
Milton Starr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2014, 10:05 PM   #24
wayne goerres
Forum Associate

Member Info

I already own a hammerless 10ga scot but thanks for keeping me in mind.
Unread 02-11-2014, 01:56 AM   #25
Milton Starr
Forum Associate

Member Info

Wayne got any plans to kill a turkey with the scott 8 ga ? I think here in Ga we can do that , im pretty sure . Wayne I seen your post on the belguim 8 gauge , did you know its the same model used in tremors he called it a "elephant gun " and was shooting conicals out of it which im sure would probably destroy the chokes .

http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Tremors#Wi..._gauge_shotgun
Unread 02-11-2014, 07:57 AM   #26
wayne goerres
Forum Associate

Member Info

No I never noticed it in tremors. I guess I will have to watch it again. My Belgium gun is cylinder bore and is not marked (not for ball). The scott is marked (not for ball). I have no way to measure choke for 8ga they may both be to open. My scott 10ga sure isn't. it is choked ex full and ex full.
Unread 02-11-2014, 09:59 AM   #27
charlie cleveland
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 7,794 Times in 3,967 Posts

wayne that 10 ga sounds like one of them guns that says if the right barrel don t get ya the left one will... charlie
charlie cleveland is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2014, 04:01 PM   #28
wayne goerres
Forum Associate

Member Info

The difference between firing that Scott and firing one of my parkers is the difference between day and night. The Scott will kick the crap out of you even with 1oz light loads. I think it was made for hunting geese. I have spent the day trying to find a butt plate like the one on the Scott, with no luck. Anyone out there in parker land (also any fox ,Lefever or Else fans) know were I might find out were this plate belongs.
Unread 02-11-2014, 04:24 PM   #29
Milton Starr
Forum Associate

Member Info

wayne back when I used to shoot pumps my 12 ga I had custom chokes in was xxxx full or .650 which is .080" constriction . had a 10 ga .7000" choke which is .080" or so . got some pretty crazy shots with those tight chokes .
you could probably use a caliper to measure the chokes using the .835" bore diameter though it probably varies . Cant wait too see the scott once you get it restored . makes me want to get my barrels done too!
Unread 02-11-2014, 05:06 PM   #30
wayne goerres
Forum Associate

Member Info

This will be the first time (ever) that I let a smith work on one of my guns. I wish the good gunsmiths wor'nt so backed up. It will be 6 to 8 months before I see it again. Milton I could not get your link to work. Charlie are you getting an ice storm up there in Mississippi. I hope it missis us. Supposed to start here tonight.