Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Non-Parker Specific & General Discussions Man's Best Friend

Notices

Unread 01-24-2019, 02:40 PM   #11
Gary Laudermilch
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 2,100 Times in 673 Posts

A wonderful journey you are taking. Keep going as it gets better all the time. It will be particularly good when you get a Parker to join in your adventures.
Gary Laudermilch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Gary Laudermilch For Your Post:
Unread 01-24-2019, 04:06 PM   #12
Ed Norman
Forum Associate

Member Info

Scott, that is a handsome dog, mine sits in the front seat most of the time. The guys we got our dog from used to take him for car rides all the time. The breeder said he never saw a brittany remain that calm in a car seat and not kenneled. Now I know another hunting dog that rides well in a car seat Mills, I carved some in the 80's, John Dallas sent me pictures of some of the decoys he carved to hunt with, it was pretty amazing to see his stuff. Gary, the gun room I went to had vh or gh, the parker site showed the gh I think, but I couldnt find the vh. Was trying to get an idea of prices and what I can afford. I still feel a little lost with grades, just hoping to find a gun that shoots well, and if it doesn't work well, I can sell and get another and not lose a bunch of $$. Stephen, all our dogs have been good stories, even cash finding 4 porcupines and a skunk, its all a learning experience. My wifes doberman went through 5 homes and some abuse, before she got him. What she did with that dog was nothing short of amazing. The day I met him I will never forget, she thinks he had been abused by a man early on, he didnt trust men much. We had a good moment, then he climbed up on the couch with me and fell asleep. I think he realized that my wife maureen was being taken care of when she moved in with me. He just relaxed, I would of never let him go back except, my throat was swelling shut, and my eyes were all bloodshot. One of the worst allergic reactions I have had. She takes very good care of our dogs. Jeff, let me know when your heading up, I will give you my cell number to make sure we can get together. Thanks again for everyones help.
Ed Norman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ed Norman For Your Post:
Unread 01-24-2019, 04:18 PM   #13
Ed Norman
Forum Associate

Member Info

This is cash riding in my truck.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cash in car.jpg (488.6 KB, 3 views)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ed Norman For Your Post:
Unread 01-25-2019, 11:02 AM   #14
Elk Hunter
Forum Associate

Member Info

Guys thanks for posting the pictures they bring back such wonderful memories.

Oh how I love Britts, I actually love them more than I love double shotguns or rifles. I'll probably never own another one but live in hope one of my kids will so I can go soak up some of the wonderful, sunny Britt personality.
Unread 01-25-2019, 02:18 PM   #15
Ed Norman
Forum Associate

Member Info

elk hunter,
I am going to put some fencing up on my property so he can have room to run a little every day. Right now in dead of winter its hard to get him out. We just had a foot of snow this morning. I will try to post another picture of cash on point, I walked just past him, I figured it was a partridge that already took off, so I snapped a picture, then I released him, he moved about 2 feet around a bush, then stopped again. I took the second picture, and as I was putting my phone away that I took picture with, a grouse took off. That bird was 4 feet from me. I will probably never have that happen again. I am glad you like the pictures. I cannot believe how far he has come with his weight loss, and hunting ability. When I took the breeder of my dog with my dogs mom to the pheasant farm a couple weeks ago. He literally could not believe how far he had advanced in his hunting. I think he called him superb, it was one of the better moments in my life. That breeder has only had 5 litters of pups in 25 years because he wants all his dogs to have good homes. He has had a few field champions, his last one who is 9 years old now won michigan gun dog of the year for 5 years in a row, he was also a 3 time champion for either field champion, or national field champion, I dont know that much about field trials. He let me use his quail after he showed me what to do for training, so I was lucky to have birds on hand like that. I cannot wait for next hunting season.
Unread 01-25-2019, 02:30 PM   #16
Ed Norman
Forum Associate

Member Info

This was cash on point, I walked around him, no bird flushed, so I got my phone out and took a picture.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cash on point1.jpg (546.2 KB, 1 views)
Unread 01-25-2019, 02:33 PM   #17
Ed Norman
Forum Associate

Member Info

After I took the first picture, I released cash, he moved just around the tree, and went on point again, so I took another picture. As I was putting my phone away, a grouse took off. That bird was just a few feet away from me and I never saw him, I figured the bird had flown off and he was pointing old scent.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cash on point2.jpg (554.7 KB, 1 views)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ed Norman For Your Post: