Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Announcement, Help & Introduction Forums New User Introductions

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
New to Site - From Parts Unknown
Unread 10-31-2017, 11:25 AM   #1
Southpaw
Forum Associate

Member Info

Default New to Site - From Parts Unknown

Long time viewer and owner/steward of Parker VH 16 Ga. on 1 Frame put into service in 1907. Great gun that locks up tight but still shoot it sparingly. Like most Parkers it is joy to handle and just feels right and what you would expect from a quality product that has seen its time in field but was always taken care of.

Gun has been in my families possession since the late 70's and again shot sparingly for a couple of reasons. Biggest one is that my dad and I both are left eye dominant and shoot lefty. Any advice or how many lefty shooters with Parkers that have the double triggers. I would shoot gun more but current trigger configuration has back trigger or left barrel trigger that chews up my trigger finger when you always shoot that right barrel first. Gloves help some and at least keep the abrasions down but after about a box of shells you know you have been shooting the ole Parker.

Have heard that its possible to change trigger layout but not certain if that would be advisable or would hurt value of gun going forward.
Todd Poer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Todd Poer For Your Post: