Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums Foto Fridays

Notices

Unread 06-16-2019, 10:18 AM   #11
Steve Hodges
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 3,195 Times in 891 Posts

Thanks Richard for the in depth explanation. Again, this may sound like a stupid question, but what is the "end game" for these cores? Are you looking for a specific mineral that you would mine for if enough is present there? This is all very interesting. Steve
Daniel Webster once said ""Men hang out their signs indicative of their respective trades; shoemakers hang out a gigantic shoe; jewelers a monster watch, and the dentist hangs out a gold tooth; but in the mountains of New Hampshire, God Almighty has hung out a sign to show that there He makes men."
Stephen Hodges is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2019, 10:23 AM   #12
Richard Flanders
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 5,538 Times in 1,717 Posts

Copper and molybdenum mostly, with the hope that there will also be some gold. If it turns out that there is enough of a resource here to warrant a mine, it could easily take 10-20 yrs of additional exploration(mostly drilling), planning, permitting and engineering and at least $US2-3 billion expenditure before the first bar is poured. It's on state land and Alaska is very friendly towards resource development, but the "antis" have been gaining ground for decades and will stop short of nothing to prevent a mine, regardless of where it is, and despite the fact that it's guys like me that go out and find the 'stuff' that everything they own that can't be grown is made of. Unfortunate fact of life.
Richard Flanders is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Richard Flanders For Your Post:
Unread 06-16-2019, 01:33 PM   #13
mobirdhunter
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 9,468 Times in 3,042 Posts

Fascinating stuff!...except for the part about the anti-(everything) folks.
Garry L Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2019, 06:25 PM   #14
edgarspencer
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 11,371 Times in 3,072 Posts

It would be nice if our metals manufacturers could rely on a domestic source of molybdenum (moly) instead of being held hostage.
edgarspencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2019, 05:50 PM   #15
TOOL MAN
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 1,918 Times in 420 Posts

WOW....to hell with the CU, AU and MO.....those would sure make some dazzling kitchen countertops!!!
Unread 06-20-2019, 10:02 PM   #16
Richard Flanders
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

They sure would! These breccias are some stunning rock. I've been harping all along that this place is worth more as an industrial rock mine than a copper mine. There is some gorgeous granite with large pink feldspars that is absolutely to die for... never mind that it's down at 2000ft....
Unread 06-21-2019, 11:58 AM   #17
Richard Flanders
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

For any recreational SxS users in the crowd. We have several of these here. This is what our drilling roads do to them. This rig has been on site only 4 days. We've already killed two of them, one seriously on it's second day here. One of them was on the way to a site a few days ago and had a stick come up through the front somehow and impale the seat cushion just inches from one of our geo's "manhood credentials". He could have taken it right in the femoral and bled our right there. No thanks. By the time we finish this project we'll have an ATV graveyard here. I'll take an old Jeep or my Bronco anytime, thank you.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Taurus muddy side by side mail.jpg (485.7 KB, 7 views)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Richard Flanders For Your Post:
Unread 07-10-2019, 07:12 AM   #18
PhillipPerry
Forum Associate

Member Info

Hi Richard, it looks awesome! I've just arrived to Tenerife and left my luggages at home, now it's time for a little hiking. Here's the place that I will spend my summer. I love Tenerife's nature, it's always so peaceful. I discovered this place 5 years ago when I was looking for restaurants for sale in Tenerife and ever since I'm spending my summer vacations in here. You should come and visit me!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg masca.jpg (101.3 KB, 3 views)
PhillipPerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2020, 05:49 PM   #19
Franky White
Forum Associate

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillipPerry View Post
Hi Richard, it looks awesome! I've just arrived in Alicante and left my luggages at home, now it's time for a little hiking. Here's the place that I will spend my summer. I love its nature, it's always so peaceful. I discovered this place 5 years ago when I was looking for some property for sale in Alicante and ever since I'm spending my summer vacations in here. You should come and visit me!
Who would have thought then that today in 2020 this offer would sound fantastic Today I have read an interesting article from a covid-19 vaccine developer that we will get back to our normal life no sooner than in 2021 only.