Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

Unread 07-21-2023, 04:30 PM   #61
Quigley97
PGCA Member

Member Info

Mine was, as they say dropped in my lap. A gentleman brought a 1891 "G" grade 12 ga. 30" into my club asking about having the stock refinished. He was referred to me account of it being a Parker and I have a few. I told the gentleman that it depended on who he sent it to to be refinished. It could be anywhere from $400.00 to who knows depending on the amount of work. Looking at the stock it just looked quite dirty and the barrels were a sooty black. The gentleman said he heard that I did the stocks on my Parkers and asked to see them. I showed them to him and he asked if I was interested in doing the job. I told him I am no professional. If he wanted me to take it home and try to clean it some I would. He agreed.
After about 3 hours of cleaning with mineral spirits I was surprised to see the checkering came out almost like new. It took another 3 hours of cleaning on the barrels and I was amazed at the Damascus pattern. The bores were mirror bright with plenty of wall thickness, almost new. There was no way this gun had been used very much at all. It looked like some one just propped it in the corner behind a coal stove for quite some time. When I brought it back to the owner he was surprised and I told him if I owned the gun that I would take it out and shoot it and enjoy it. He then said he was told that the gun was only worth about a thousand dollars. He then asked me how long I spent working on it and I told him about 6 hours. Then he totally shocked me. He said if I had $400.00 he would let me keep the gun. Needless to say I couldn't get to the ATM fast enough. Someone smiled on me that day.
Tom Pellegrini is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tom Pellegrini For Your Post:
Unread 07-21-2023, 05:12 PM   #62
chris dawe
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 2,784 Times in 602 Posts

I bought 30 inch Bernard,#1 frame12 gauge CH for 175.00$ Canadian ,Brian Hornacek owns it now maybe he can post a picture...brings tears to my eyes
chris dawe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chris dawe For Your Post:
Unread 07-22-2023, 10:42 AM   #63
Loren A Wilcox
PGCA Member

Member Info

This is not about a Parker but a good story on one of my guns. I live in northern Michigan and I bought a Aug Lebeau 16 gauge double years ago. I sold the gun to another hunter abought 20 years ago. I kicked myself many times for selling it. Around 2 years ago I seen an add for a Aug Lebeau at a Cabela's in Reno Nevada. I bought the gun. It turn out to be my old gun. I paid much less for it when I bought it back. Just thought I would share this story. Is not a Parker but a very fine double small bore. Thanks Loren
Loren A Wilcox is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Loren A Wilcox For Your Post:
Unread 07-24-2023, 11:17 AM   #64
Wilmurt
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Best deal buying 3 new Parker Repros in 1987/1988, 28 gauge 2-barrel and 20 gauge 2-barrel and 28/410 3-barrel. Worst deal was selling the 3-barrel 28/410 a few years later. Doubled my money but nowhere near today's value.
Tom Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tom Jay For Your Post: