Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

how did we let things get this way
Unread 08-07-2010, 11:26 PM   #1
charlie cleveland
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 7,794 Times in 3,967 Posts

Default how did we let things get this way

today i went to the feed store to get me some wheat for my deer plots. a bag of wheat was 6.50... the owner said that wheat was going up i replied i guess that the dove hunters was making it go up...he says that was not it. he says that the chinese had a bad crop year some where and they were causing wheat to go up..what has happened to the american people are we gonna set back and watch our lives be run by the chinse. i will not be buying wheat if i know it was sold to us by the chinese. i guess im just getting fed up withall the folks over charging the people of the US...... CHARLIE
charlie cleveland is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to charlie cleveland For Your Post:
Unread 08-08-2010, 12:10 AM   #2
Bindlestiff
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 2,924 Times in 869 Posts

The news the other day said Russia had a very bad drought and lost a huge wheat crop, it may be that the Chinese lost theirs too? If they didn't produce their crop, they would be buying our production and driving our price up. Good old supply and demand.
Robin Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2010, 12:14 AM   #3
Rod N. Gunn
Forum Associate

Member Info

XXX

Last edited by Dave Fuller; 08-10-2010 at 11:25 PM..
Dave Fuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2010, 08:57 AM   #4
Ed Blake
PGCA Member

Member Info

How did we let things get this way? That's a good question. How did the PGCA Forum become a blog for ill-informed rants about commodity prices and international relations?
Ed Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ed Blake For Your Post:
Unread 08-08-2010, 09:04 PM   #5
Ed Blake
PGCA Member

Member Info

You've done it again Francis: a string of non sequiturs strung together by punctuation marks. From Sarah Brady to spontaneous combustion to the 1st Amendment all in one breath, and you worked in a BHE to keep it legal. Astounding.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ed Blake For Your Post:
Maybe that's "Nun Sequesters?""
Unread 08-08-2010, 10:16 PM   #6
Old and Reliable
PGCA Member

Member Info

Default Maybe that's "Nun Sequesters?""

After all, I was raised a Catholic laddy- Non sounds more like the way the Frenchies say "No"-- Let's all chill out a bit- nothing we can do about the drought and fires in the USSR that are destroying the wheat crop- maybe a tot of Virginia Gentleman or George Dickel-- (rocks, water back for me)-- life is way too short to get into a micturation derby here-
Francis Morin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-09-2010, 10:38 PM   #7
AmarilloMike
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francis Morin View Post
And we all treasure the Second amendment- let's be charitable to ALL our PGCA members here and remember also the First amendment too- as long as the posted rules for language and behavior are followed by all, no topic that even remotely touches Parkers should be Verbotten- IMO!!
The First Amendment precludes the federal government from suppressing free speech. The owners of this board can delete our posts and ban us from posting in the future - all without violating the First Amendment.

Best,

Mike
Mike Shepherd is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mike Shepherd For Your Post:
So- "Who's On First?"
Unread 08-10-2010, 09:21 AM   #8
Old and Reliable
PGCA Member

Member Info

Default So- "Who's On First?"

Would you believe Abbott & Costello? Sure there are limits to our First Amendment- You or I cannot stand up in a crowded public venue and yell "Fire" and cause a panic/stampede and not get in serious trouble- BUT- IMO anyway, if a fellow PGCA starts a topic or thread and a Forum participant chimes in- as long as the basic rules set up by the BOD of the PGCA are followed (common courtesy to the other fellow and the possibility he may have a different experience/viewpoint) let's live and let live.

I treasure All Ten Amendments- but as a Christian (Roman Catholic) and a Honorably Discharged veteran (USMC) it does bother me that a person like Madlyn Murray O'Hair can freely espouse her atheistic dogma, or that the piss-headed Hippies can burn OUR FLAG and be protected from harm for doing so- Until I recall such lads as Ernst Rohm, Benito Mussolini and old Adolph and what they did 70-80 years ago in Europe to folks who dared to speak their mind publicly- and then the hippies and atheists don't seem quite as harmful in comparison--

George Orwell (aka- Eric Blair) when he wrote the classic "Animal Farm" had the linchpin of equality in mind when he wrote "All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others"--
Francis Morin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2010, 11:20 AM   #9
AmarilloMike
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Ahh. But if an atheist started posting arguments about religion and philosophy on here and the moderators deleted the post and banned the atheist his First Amendment rights would not be violated as this is a private site and the action was taken by it's owners.

I don't mind you arguing some tolerance of off topic topics. I am just pointing out that banning them here doesn't have anything to do with the First Amendment. If Attorney General Eric Holder was sending cease and desist orders and going to court to get a restraining order to cause Mr. Charlie Cleveland to cease posting off topic here then you could logically invoke the First Amendment as cause to let Charlie continue to post off topic.

Best,

Mike

Last edited by Mike Shepherd; 08-10-2010 at 11:51 AM.. Reason: spelling and grammar
Mike Shepherd is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mike Shepherd For Your Post:
Unread 08-10-2010, 11:39 AM   #10
Ed Blake
PGCA Member

Member Info

Mike - Some friendly advice when you find yourself in a dialogue with Francis. Take a hammer, the larger the better, and whack yourself in the head a few times. There now, feel better?
The Following User Says Thank You to Ed Blake For Your Post: