Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums Hunting with Parkers Wild Game Recipes

Notices

Pan seared duck breasts
Unread 08-20-2012, 02:58 PM   #1
Christopher Piercey
Forum Associate

Member Info

Default Pan seared duck breasts

I've been marinating my ducks in Coca Cola and grilling them lately but if you're in the mood for something different you might be interested in trying this. I'm reciting the recipe from memory. I used it once or twice about 6 years ago..

Ingredients- 6 boneless skinless duck breast fillets (I used teal, specifically greenwings)
apple cider (or other fruity) vinegar. I used red wine vinegar or raspberry vinegar or something, I forget.
salt, pepper, 2 whole allspice
olive oil

Take a large bowl and put the duck breasts in it. Add a pinch of salt/pepper and the allspice. If I remember correctly I crushed one between two tablespoons (a tablespoon and a teaspoon?) and put it in. Then put just enough vinegar in them to cover the meat. Set that in the fridge for a few hours. If you shoot a mildly flavored duck, marinate for less time. On the flip side, if you shoot a tough old sea duck or late season mallard, marinate for more time. After marinating put oil in a pan on high. When it starts to smoke put the duck breasts in. Sear for 1-3 minutes on each side. I think they should be served over white rice with soy sauce. Sauce the hot rice then put the meat on top
Christopher Piercey is offline   Reply With Quote