Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

Unread 01-08-2021, 08:02 PM   #41
Mark Britton
PGCA Member

Member Info

Brenda has just shared that Frank is in need of prayers.

From Brenda:

The past few days have been bittersweet. Frankie was at home, but that did not go as we wished for. He had a setback physically and mentally. It could be that the overstimulation of being at home caused this. Sounds crazy, but brain injuries are crazy. We are working on getting him back at Sheltering Arms. Hopefully this will happen today. PLEASE PRAY FOR (insurance) APPROVAL TO COME THROUGH ON THIS TODAY!

I cannot begin to tell you how exhausting this has been for us, but mostly for him. He wanted to be home so badly, but his brain still cannot interpret everything that it needs to in order for him to be here yet and be safe. What I mean by that is that it is not safe from a fall standpoint and mentally for him to be in the house right now.

I really do not know how to feel. I had to talk myself down yesterday because i am a fixer and I cannot fix this. I realize that there is nothing that I can do to change any of the things that have happened or are happening. I do know that I serve a mighty God, who is carrying us through it all.

I just have to give a shout out to all of the people who helped carry me through yesterday. I could not run this race without you guys.
Mark Britton is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mark Britton For Your Post:
Unread 01-26-2021, 08:10 PM   #42
Mark Britton
PGCA Member

Member Info

I have been working on getting Frankie some long-term care. I just received a call from my contact at Tree of Life Services in Richmond, Virginia. They are willing to accept Frankie as a long-term patient. Tree of Life is a residential rehab center that keeps patients long-term, based on 30 days at a time, in order to help them recover from brain injuries. They think that he may be there for three to four months, but this will be evaluated every 30 days. This is a private pay venture at $30,000.00 per month. If not for so many of you giving so generously, we would not even be able to entertain this move. They will evaluate him every 30 days and if he can come home sooner he will do that.

I cannot express to all of you how much you mean to our family. You have showed us love that we feel every day. A community is very necessary at all times, but more so in times like this.

Thanks,

Brenda
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mark Britton For Your Post:
Unread 02-13-2021, 07:51 PM   #43
Mark Britton
PGCA Member

Member Info

Please be informed that someone has been sending e-mails out using a hotmail account pretending to be Frank Davis. Several received one back in the winter after Frank's accident. A new one from Board.pres...@hotmail.com has been sent to several members in the last couple of days. They are trying to solicit money in various ways. Please do not open and definately do not respond.

Thank you.
Unread 02-14-2021, 09:03 PM   #44
Larry Mason
PGCA Member

Member Info

My thoughts and prayers are with you all and will continue.
Larry Mason is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Larry Mason For Your Post: