Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Non-Parker Specific & General Discussions Non-PGCA Shooting Events, Shows, and Conventions

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Fire on the Mountain
Unread 06-08-2020, 10:13 AM   #1
Cold Spring
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 6,244 Times in 1,201 Posts

Default Fire on the Mountain

For those here interested in shooting, Rock Mountain had its 3 Bird shoot yesterday. Parker Newsletter co-editors Mike and Susan offer this event twice a year and it was certainly welcome after a clays shooting hiatus of 2+ months here in PA. Each station has 9 or 12 clays per shooter, either 1-2 or 2-1 on report, or all three clays in the air at the same time aka as a "trimo". Thus a shotgun capable of 3 quick shots is needed. Each shooter fires a total of 150 shells.

There were 80 shooters in the 3 Bird event along with many folks just doing casual practice on the woodsy short course that many of you are familiar with. That's at least 12,000 shots on the mountain in just over a few hours. I opted for my Benelli competition semi. Yup I could have fielded one of my Model 12's, but based on experience the target setter Evil Mike's trimos are tough with a pump gun and when you're shooting for score. My friend Tool Man the fitasc shooter might ask if I did a flambé to start out. Yep, haha. I didn't win anything including the Lewis but I placed well with the Benelli I only shoot a few times per year. One of my shooting buds, Allen, was HOA with 132/150 while using his Beretta competition semi.

Just a reminder that Rock Mountain is hosting its long anticipated SxS Expo and shoot on July 30 to Aug 2. Mike has location and hotel info on the Rock Mountain Sporting Clays website.
Frank Srebro is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Frank Srebro For Your Post: