Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

Unread 01-01-2011, 08:06 PM   #71
Jeff K.
PGCA Lifetime

Admin

Member Info

Thanked 2,795 Times in 653 Posts

You guys look way too comfortable for Jan 1!
Jeff Kuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Maj Waldron Club Shoot
Unread 01-01-2011, 08:28 PM   #72
Austin W Hogan
PGCA Invincible
Life Member

Member Info

Default Maj Waldron Club Shoot

Here are the assembled shooters. Chairman Pete is third from left. I arrived home to recieve a Happy New Year from my daughter Alice; she watched the New Year festivities in Edmonton at 0F

Best, Austin
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MAJ W DSC_7923web.jpg (32.5 KB, 110 views)
Austin W Hogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2011, 08:58 PM   #73
StubTwist
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 1,601 Times in 483 Posts

I echo what everyone has said already regarding today's shoot -- a FANTASTIC time! Thanks Pete and everyone else who made this NYD shoot happen today. I'm sure a lot of planning and work was involved and words fail to say how we appreciate all what you did and inviting us to your club.

I still can't get over the weather today... people were passing by riding their Harleys!

Thanks to all and sorry for all the smoke!!

Frank
Frank Cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2011, 09:01 PM   #74
J.B. Books
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 4,972 Times in 1,407 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Cronin View Post
I echo what everyone has said already regarding today's shoot -- a FANTASTIC time! Thanks Pete and everyone else who made this NYD shoot happen today. I'm sure a lot of planning and work was involved and words fail to say how we appreciate all what you did and inviting us to your club.

I still can't get over the weather today... people were passing by riding their Harleys!

Thanks to all and sorry for all the smoke!!

Frank
Sorry for the smoke??????????? I thought it was neat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Glad you came and brought those two great hammer guns!!!!!!!!
Pete Lester is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2011, 09:22 PM   #75
Bindlestiff
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 2,925 Times in 870 Posts

I agree, the smoke was fun but what was even cooler was shooting next to you and the shock wave that passed over after the shot.

Can you imagine what pigeon shoots must have been like back in the day! Great fun!
Robin Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2011, 10:40 PM   #76
Dean Romig
PGCA Invincible
Life Member

Member Info

Thanked 33,499 Times in 12,442 Posts

Robin, you showed incredible focus and determination shooting next man to the right of Frank. His clouds of white smoke drifted across in front of you but, undaunted, you called for your bird anyway and continued to crush them through the obscurity of those heavy clouds crushing clay after clay after clay!! to ya my friend!! And you didn't even need assistance as you left the field suffering the obvious effects of shellshock.
Dean Romig is offline   Reply With Quote
What the Sportsman Needs
Unread 01-02-2011, 09:45 AM   #77
Greg Miller CTGunLaw
PGCA Member

Member Info

Default What the Sportsman Needs

As to "shooting", there was some fine shooting going on. I have it on good authority that the gentlemen dressed up to look like our own Mr. Hogan, was in fact the internationally known shooting authority Mr. Bogardus. That was some fine "shooting flying" with a rather unusual Hammer Gun.

I felt fortunate that we were not shooting for money, as a certain gentlemen with a borrowed gun chambered for something that looked more like a rifle sized round than a shell that belongs in a gun was turning in some impressive scores. This was the first time I had seen a grade Parker .410 shot and it was giving up few birds on the skeet range.

If we could somehow turn back the clock to let the Hon. Chas. Parker know that his work and the work of his children was still being enjoyed so many generations after his passing, I do not believe he would be surprised, but I do hope he would be pleased. We are but a link in the chain that starts with the first Parker gun and will continue until the last Parker gun is gone. I am pleased to report that as of 2011 the Parker Gun is alive and well. Thank you to all who made this shoot possible.

Happy New Year!
Gregory Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Visit Gregory Miller's homepage!
Unread 01-02-2011, 11:27 AM   #78
Double Play
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 2,770 Times in 635 Posts

Glad to hear you gentlemen had such a great day to have the shoot. That is certainly an impressive group of parkers in those racks.

I just can't let it go without comment that the picture below shows great form and great "wood to wood". It seems all those lessons Mr. Anderson has been so gracious to extend have finally begun to sink in. That alone will strike fear into the hearts of any and all Fox shooters brave enough to show up at Addieville this May.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1645.JPG (114.9 KB, 65 views)
Larry Frey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2011, 12:44 PM   #79
10 bore
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 2,533 Times in 823 Posts

do you think that is hard wood or soft wood ?,i am not talking about the stock boy did i have fun!!! thanks for showing up and for all the nice guns to look at.
scott kittredge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2011, 12:53 PM   #80
Bindlestiff
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 2,925 Times in 870 Posts

Hardwood for sure. And did you notice it echo's when the Parker stock recoils into it on almost every shot taken.
Robin Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote