Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Non-Parker Specific & General Discussions General Discussions about Other Fine Doubles

Notices

Unread 07-26-2012, 05:51 PM   #41
C.O.B.
Forum Associate

Member Info

Thanked 6,320 Times in 2,082 Posts

B&P will deliver low pressure 12ga shells for about $83.00 a case. The delivery charge for RST isn't that great. I have seen them in some stores and a local gunsmith carries them. If you go to any of the bigger SXS shoots they are usually there.
Rich Anderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2012, 06:15 PM   #42
C.O.B.
Forum Associate

Member Info

I have successfully increased my "stuff" with a 75th anniversary DU bronze and a Parker print.

The bronze in on an antique Library table in the corner of the basement stuck between a pedastal mount of two Elk and the TV, and behind an antique ice box but it's in a safe place for now. She asked "what are you going to do with that?" referring to the Parker print and I jokenly replied that it would look good in the living room which I knew wouldn't fly. I said it was going to the cabin when she replied it was to nice for that and it would just get ruined there "It would look good in the gun room if it wern't so cluttered" was her reply. No matter where it ends up it's been added to my "stuff" and I like it.
Unread 07-28-2012, 09:21 PM   #43
charlie cleveland
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 7,797 Times in 3,968 Posts

ive got to hurry and get out and add something to my stash.. maybe tommorrow going to a gun show... but where will i put that new treasure.... charlie
charlie cleveland is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2012, 02:27 PM   #44
Bill Murphy
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 8,941 Times in 4,789 Posts

Steve, where do you live and what double gun events do you attend? RST is all over the place at double gun events if you are interested in saving on shipping.
Bill Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2012, 06:16 PM   #45
charlie cleveland
PGCA Member

Member Info

bill rst needs to come farther south and they may ....but ive never seen them in my area around tupelo mississippi.... charlie
Unread 07-30-2012, 08:32 AM   #46
C.O.B.
Forum Associate

Member Info

Charlie you have UPS there in the land of Elvis don't you? The shells are wonderfull and the UPS charges arn't that much or you can stock up at the Southern just up the road in north Carolina
Unread 07-30-2012, 10:31 AM   #47
charlie cleveland
PGCA Member

Member Info

you must be talking about the little brown trucks that always seem to be in a hurry...if these are the dilivery trucks old cuz elvis does have u p s in town..i was just standing in the spot here other day where elvis s momma talked him out of getting that rifle and getting that old guitar...i think he woulda been happieir with the little rifle..who knows... i hope someday to be able to come to one of the side by side shoots..know one would enjoy it more than me.... charlie
Unread 07-30-2012, 10:30 PM   #48
Steve McCarty
Forum Associate

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Murphy View Post
Steve, where do you live and what double gun events do you attend? RST is all over the place at double gun events if you are interested in saving on shipping.
If you are addressing me, I live in Central Oregon miles from no where. I'll order the RST shells thru the mail. I emailed them and they responded right away.
Steve McCarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2012, 12:20 AM   #49
Dean Romig
PGCA Invincible
Life Member

Member Info

Thanked 33,387 Times in 12,417 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie cleveland View Post
i hope someday to be able to come to one of the side by side shoots..know one would enjoy it more than me.... charlie
What are you waiting for? Time waits for nobody. Time is like a big river - you can't stop it. You can watch it go by... or you can jump on it and go for a ride.
Dean Romig is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2012, 12:58 PM   #50
Steve McCarty
Forum Associate

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Romig View Post
What are you waiting for? Time waits for nobody. Time is like a big river - you can't stop it. You can watch it go by... or you can jump on it and go for a ride.
It seems to me that most of the exciting "shoots" happen on the east coast. Here, way out west, where you drive for an hour to buy a jar of mustard, they are more infrequent.
Steve McCarty is offline   Reply With Quote