Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

Unread 06-19-2021, 07:40 PM   #31
Robert Brooks
PGCA Member

Member Info

Laura has been great the time or two i have had business with her. Bobby
Robert Brooks is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Robert Brooks For Your Post:
Unread 07-06-2021, 06:27 PM   #32
Bob Jurewicz
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 2,191 Times in 603 Posts

This morning I finalized a Policy with Gun and Trophy Insurance. Spoke with both Cole and Larry in the process. I was very pleased with their answers to my questions and coverage provided. Seem like great people who understand what is important to collectors.
Bob Jurewicz
Bob Jurewicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-26-2021, 02:30 PM   #33
Kenneth Jones (Kenny)
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanks Randy.
Kenneth V Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-23-2021, 07:16 AM   #34
Kenneth Jones (Kenny)
PGCA Member

Member Info

I switched my insurance to Gun & Trophy last Friday. Again thanks to Randy. I called and talked to Larry Cushman and found him to be a great gentleman and help.

I'd hate to see this information get buried down low in the ever growing length of the forum. It would be a great help to future members who are not aware of alternative insurance coverages other than homeowner's as I was until stumbling on to this thread.

Again Thanks!
Kenneth V Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kenneth V Jones For Your Post:
Unread 01-10-2022, 12:18 PM   #35
Reggie B
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 3,704 Times in 1,418 Posts

Brining this back to the top. I was recently contacted via email by Eastern that my policy premium was coming up. I told their rep that my "collection" needed to be updated as I had bought and sold some shotguns. I was told to send them a revised list and that they would get me a revised premium. This goes back to the 1st part of December and I still have not received a revised premium. I have emailed their rep at least 4 times asking for an update. My first inquiry got me a response of "I will have this to you tomorrow", but nothing since.

I was told they were working out of their homes. I am about to find another carrier. The service I am getting is not acceptable even by this slow to anger Southern boy.
Unread 01-10-2022, 12:35 PM   #36
Randy Roberts
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 5,932 Times in 1,926 Posts

Reggie I experienced the same thing with Eastern for my 01/01/22 renewal. I had intended to shop it with Gun & Trophy Ins. which I ultimately did. In my case I saved a few hundred bucks, yeah that much and I had the policy certificate either the same day or the next day via email. I actually got a higher limit with G&T and broader coverage. I have said before that I have nothing against Eastern as I am sure none of us do but for me it was time to move on for the same reasons many of us are experiencing. Call Cole at G&T and tell him the PGCA sent you
Randy G Roberts is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Randy G Roberts For Your Post:
Unread 01-10-2022, 01:04 PM   #37
Reggie B
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 3,704 Times in 1,418 Posts

Randy I did just that. Very painless process. Thanks!
Unread 01-10-2022, 02:41 PM   #38
Dean Weber
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 1,443 Times in 237 Posts

For those of you who have game trophies (taxidermy), the insured rate with G&T is the same as firearms. Additionally, they value the property for an amount which would approximate the replacement hunt. Although I disagree with their "value" of the replacement hunt (they are low), it is still worthwhile to consider since you do not have to take a replacement hunt. The combination of trophies and guns in my case resulted in a lower cost/1000.

Call out to Randy Roberts for developing a relationship with this broker. They are extremely good at the relationship part!
Unread 01-10-2022, 04:05 PM   #39
Bill Murphy
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 9,168 Times in 4,895 Posts

I haven't reread this entire thread, but I have a question about a recent post that may be answered in past posts. If a "trophy" may be valued at $1000, and a replacement hunt may be valued at $150,000, do we or you want to pay the premium on $150,000? Would we feel comfortable placing a claim for $150,000 for a $1000 head stolen from our wall? Just askin'.
Bill Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Who is we?
Unread 01-10-2022, 05:33 PM   #40
Dean Weber
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 1,443 Times in 237 Posts

Default Who is we?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Murphy View Post
I haven't reread this entire thread, but I have a question about a recent post that may be answered in past posts. If a "trophy" may be valued at $1000, and a replacement hunt may be valued at $150,000, do we or you want to pay the premium on $150,000? Would we feel comfortable placing a claim for $150,000 for a $1000 head stolen from our wall? Just askin'.
Bill,
Your style bemuses me. I am the only person to bring up trophy insurance in this thread. So yes, the recent thread immediately preceding yours, is my attempt to enlighten others who may have a similar position to evaluate.

For me, adding my trophies to my insured value allowed me to increase my total insured value by $200K. Yet, I am only paying $100 in extra premium compared to Eastern. This is because of the tiered approach in pricing. Therefore, you see, this is a matter of math and risk evaluation which only each individual can determine if it is right for them (we are not a collective purchasing coalition). As in anything insurance…….the risk/reward quotient will be dependent on each individual's perspective. I was merely giving mine.

As to the morality you questioned? I would lose no sleep submitting a claim if my trophies were lost in a fire/stolen, considering it was the agent/salesman who offered it in the first place. Their business offer was my pleasure to accept.