Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

Unread 07-23-2009, 02:54 PM   #21
MarketHunter
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 4,047 Times in 1,175 Posts

Peter,

Good to see you back on the BBS.

Didn't know you were a front stuffer fan, sounds like a lot of fun. What maker is that single 8 bore you mention?

My big Churchill will handle 2 1/2 ounce loads really well, that's what I've used in it when I was over your way.

The prices on big guns over your way have really shot up, makes me think of selling my 8 gauge at auction through one of the big houses. Just hate to though, I'll never own another one even close to it.

I'd say asking ain't going to be getting on that Greener, particularly for a boxlock, unless it's something really special. I could have bought a very similar one last year for $6000 and passed pretty quick.

Destry
I was as virtuously given as a gentleman need to be; virtuous enough; swore little; diced not above seven times a week; went to a bawdy-house once in a quarter--of an hour; paid money that I borrowed, three of four times; lived well and in good compass: and now I live out of all order, out of all compass. Falstaff - Henry IV
Destry L. Hoffard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2009, 08:12 AM   #22
peter holden
Forum Associate

Member Info

Hi Don.
I new about not being able to use 8 gauge on fowl, but it seems a strange ruling and would have thought that it would be more appropriate to put a shot charge limit in place rather than a gun size restriction, after all it should not matter if you shoot 2 1/4 ounce in a 10g or 8g. As for youre chamber sleeves this is basically going back to the brass perfect case system. i have a willam ford 10g chambered for no12 brass perfect cases i load & shoots this with very good results. I also have a T Wild 10g. i use modified 10g shell tubes to accept 12g shells(streched on a mandrel) this works exactly the same as the brass perfect shells in the my william ford.
Pete.
peter holden is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2009, 06:32 AM   #23
peter holden
Forum Associate

Member Info

Hi Destry
My muzzle loader is a Wallis flinter converted to percusion, it weighs in at 16 pound with a 47" barrell.
Pete.
peter holden is offline   Reply With Quote