Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums Parker Reproductions

Notices

Unread 03-06-2010, 05:57 AM   #21
Chuck Heald
Forum Associate

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Murphy View Post
Who would have ever thought that a double trigger Repro would be a premium item on the gun market? The Skeuses probably went through hell to get the single trigger design finalized. Now they could sell a double trigger conversion for a fortune.
I thinks its pretty entertaining that the same guys that would pay a premium for an original single trigger DHE 28g, will pay a premium for a double trigger Repro.

I have several DT .410's and thought a SST .410 would be fun. And with the CSM barrels being advertised, I thought a plentiful 28g SST Repro would be a neat way to get one.
Chuck Heald is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2010, 07:05 AM   #22
nid-28
PGCA Member

Member Info

Talking about single triggers that make sense--when I was collecting Ithaca guns, esp the small bore 28's, many of those that I owned had an SST that selected with the use of the safety itself. To me it was the ultimate single trigger. The gun was on safe when the safety was in the center position. Pushing it forward as the bird flushed, fired the right barrel first. If it was a longer shot, pulling the safety to the rear fired the left barrel first. The tang was marked with an R in front of the safety and an L behind it. I believe Miller built this system first and Ithaca copied it eventually. Later Miller triggers used the toggle in front of the trigger as a selector. This ultimate safety/ barrel selector required care in making sure the trigger was in the safe position and prevented Steve Lamboy from using it in todays litigious world when he was building the ICD guns.
Bill Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2010, 07:35 AM   #23
Dean Romig
PGCA Invincible
Life Member

Member Info

Thanked 33,411 Times in 12,421 Posts

Bill, the Miller SST on my Skeet-er is exactly as you describe on your Ithacas and is times easier to use in a hunting situation than other designs I have used.
Dean Romig is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2010, 10:02 AM   #24
Big D
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 3,641 Times in 1,564 Posts

The Remington 3200 has a similar concept safety/selector, with a toggle. Best system I've used
John Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2010, 10:17 AM   #25
Chuck Heald
Forum Associate

Member Info

Bill,
I have a NID 3E 20g with that Miller trigger copy. After some discussions over on the doublegunshop board, I think it was revealed that Ithaca copied Miller's design and drove him away from business with them. I haven't had an opportunity to hunt that gun since it's at Gunter's for a restock and finishes.
Chuck Heald is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2010, 01:00 PM   #26
nid-28
PGCA Member

Member Info

I had forgotten about the Rem 3200 safety/selector. That's also a good design but was only available in that gun in 12 bore and 8lbs plus weight. Regarding Ithaca/Miller tiggers, it might have been Walt Snyder that told me Ithaca was paying Miller a $5 royalty and decided just to make the trigger themselves. forget the royalty and cut Miller out of the deal. $5 went a whole further in the 1930's!!!
Bill Davis is offline   Reply With Quote