Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Non-Parker Specific & General Discussions General Discussions about Other Fine Doubles

Notices

Unread 05-09-2024, 09:40 PM   #21
Samuel Bishop
PGCA Member

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Bastiani View Post
I had a Black Diamond model 12 that was almost exactly like yours with the straight stock and small forend. It was made in 1922 with the 2 pin milled vent rib. Even though the gun was in 98% condition the pad had flattened through the years and I had to replace it like your gun. I did find a real Winchester pad and didn't use a repo. I have had several high grade model 12's(Pigeons-traps-skeets) but this had the best figured wood of the bunch(4x by winchester wood grading standards) Also: In the number 5 picture that you show-my gun had what I called a diamond and not a star. I'm not sure but I always heard that you have a real black diamond gun if the diamond(star) mark is present. Anyway-nice gun and most people don't realize how hard it is to find a black diamond model 12 especially with condition. I also had a black diamond model 97 trap.
Yeah it has a Winchester pad but no clue what vintage. I will say this is the first I’ve ever seen so I would agree they are a rare sight. I’ve never seen a vintage gun in person with 32in barrels either so it’s pretty cool piece to have lasted as well as has from 1916.
Samuel Bishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2024, 09:45 PM   #22
Samuel Bishop
PGCA Member

Member Info

Very beautiful gun! Wood on yours is definitely better! Ive never had an English style stock till now it it is sort of neat and interesting since not as common for us in America especially older guns but I will say I wish I had pistol grip like yours feel more natural to me. Thank you for sharing pics!
Samuel Bishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2024, 09:52 AM   #23
John Bastiani
PGCA Member

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Smith View Post
Model 1912 Black Diamond Trap - circa 1919. 30 inch Full. Pistol Grip somewhat "open". Heavy round-nosed comb. Repro pad is temporary until an original is obtained.
Thats a beautiful black diamond with a great piece of wood. Seems like everyone I see has a replacement pad. I guess the original rubber just wouldn't hold up. I started putting the muzzle down on my Winchesters with a pad in the safe so there wouldn't be any pressure on the pad. Even my model 21 Grand American with the factory leather covered pad is muzzle down. Also-your picture (number five) looks like the diamond mark on my gun. I never really researched this mark but its more than likely a inspectors mark.
John Bastiani is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to John Bastiani For Your Post:
Diamond
Unread 05-10-2024, 10:22 AM   #24
Scott Smith
PGCA Member

Member Info

Default Diamond

Thanks John, this gun had a petrified Pachmyer on when I got. I have no idea what butt treatment it originally had. Storing muzzle-down is probably a good idea.
Scott Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Scott Smith For Your Post: