Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

Unread 02-09-2021, 06:07 PM   #21
Quigley97
PGCA Member

Member Info

My club finally received primers so I grabbed 4000. For powder I have an 8lb. jug of clay dot and half of another. Just had a case of wads delivered so that totals 6000. I make my own shot. I just ran 40lbs. this past Sunday nd have about 200lbs. of ingots and 150lbs, of wheel weights to use so I set for a while. Planning on Rock Mountain in August.
Tom Pellegrini is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tom Pellegrini For Your Post:
Unread 02-09-2021, 06:16 PM   #22
C.O.B.
Forum Associate

Member Info

Thanked 6,320 Times in 2,082 Posts

I was well prepared for last year which didn't happen so I've got shells. I just scrounged 4lbs of 7625 for the 16ga so no needed changes there. I have 20lbs or so of Clays and International clays IF I decide to load 12's during my down time. I have at least 10 flats of new stuff in 12,16. and 20 if push came to shove. The only thing I'd like is a couple of flats of RST 2 inch 12's just because it's better to have them and not need them than to need them and not have them.
Regardless of the ammo situation I'm just hoping I can make a shoot or two this year.
money
Unread 02-09-2021, 07:06 PM   #23
Harry Gietler
Forum Associate

Member Info

Default money

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Srebro View Post
As written in the opening post I'm ok for a while. In the past I've only loaded for 10 and 12-gauge but decided last month to get into 16 and 20. Also my 12 ga MEC 9000 progressive is getting tired. I’ve got presses now on order to include a 12/20 Ponsness 800 that’s quoted to ship in 2-3 months, and a 16 MEC Sizemaster and short kit that’s 2 weeks out. Both ordered directly from the respective factories. Have plenty of components right now with 209 primers being the limiter and I'll pay whatever I have to when they get to a low trigger point. I like shooting too much to be otherwise sitting around next year wondering why I didn't spend a few bucks extra for this or that.
Boy am I GLAD to See your willing to PAY A FEW EXTRA BUCKS.I'LL have to see what I GOT TO SELL.
Harry
Harry Gietler is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Harry Gietler For Your Post:
Unread 02-09-2021, 07:18 PM   #24
Stan Hillis
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 4,025 Times in 1,140 Posts

I bought nearly two flats of low pressure 20 ga. 2 1/2" 3/4 oz. loads recently, plus about five boxes of 2 1/2" non-tox 20 ga. loads, from a friend who sold his short chambered 20 double.

Got bunches of old 16 ga. ammo for my two 16s. Plenty of powder and primers for reloading .410s, 20s, and 12s. But, I'm not planning to use up all my reloading stuff. i'm going to save it for the time, which may or may not come, that I cannot buy factory stuff. I consider it my ace in the hole. I may reconsider that decision as future events unfold.

I'll be buying any factory stuff, and reloading supplies, as it becomes available at decent prices. But, I will not be paying exorbitant prices for any of it. I refuse to be a part of the problem at this time.

Before I make a decision to go to the range for a round of sporting I will call ahead and see if they have shells on hand. If not I will have to decide if it's important enough for me to use up part of my "stash".

SRH
Stan Hillis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stan Hillis For Your Post:
Unread 02-09-2021, 07:45 PM   #25
Mills
PGCA Lifetime Member
Since 3rd Grade

Member Info

Thanked 12,366 Times in 4,431 Posts

Ammo is going from hard to find to ridiculous. We have a lot but we go through a lot.
Mills Morrison is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mills Morrison For Your Post:
Unread 02-09-2021, 08:06 PM   #26
Pa SxS
Research Chairman
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 5,019 Times in 1,431 Posts

Many use 8 1/2 for the first shot of doubles. They should be ok for 16 yard as long as you don't ride the target too far.
Chuck Bishop is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chuck Bishop For Your Post:
Unread 02-10-2021, 08:05 AM   #27
William Davis
PGCA Member

Member Info

Couple of the clays courses I frequent have shells for customers don’t sell to walk in hoarders. Looking at the recent Federal video and listening to the Shotgun sports Fiocchi interview both say shells are being produced and available question is who do they sell to.

Event organizers are significant customers & should be able to make sure supply is available. Southern SxS probably very important to RST.

William
William Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to William Davis For Your Post:
Unread 02-10-2021, 10:13 AM   #28
Mills
PGCA Lifetime Member
Since 3rd Grade

Member Info

Tom Archer and I are monitoring the Southern situation closely. Both of us want it to happen, but are aware of the uncertainty of these times.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mills Morrison For Your Post:
Unread 02-10-2021, 01:01 PM   #29
Quigley97
PGCA Member

Member Info

A few weeks ago a number of people came in to my club, Backwoods Quail Club, and wanted to buy shells. Rick Hemmingway said "I will sell you as much as you want as long as you shoot all of them here on my courses. Apparently they were not happy with that answer. Rick explained further. "My business is throwing targets for my customers. If I don't have ammo for them I don't have a business." When I ran out of primers a few months ago I purchased shell from Rick. They were definitely higher priced than just about everywhere else, but I would rather purchase from Rick mainly because I am loyal to my club and I have been treated quite well in the last ten years I have been a member.
Tom Pellegrini is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tom Pellegrini For Your Post:
Unread 02-10-2021, 01:06 PM   #30
Mills
PGCA Lifetime Member
Since 3rd Grade

Member Info

Our club is the same way. Purchase targets and they will sell you shells. Can't blame them for that