Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

Unread 08-09-2020, 08:32 PM   #21
Dean Romig
PGCA Invincible
Life Member

Member Info

Thanked 33,472 Times in 12,440 Posts

AJ at Project Upland contacted me almost two years ago and asked me to write something for their magazine from the "older generation" about Parker guns and hunting with them. In our conversations I said I recognized they were predominantly of the "millennial generation" to which he strongly agreed but he thought his readership would like to get a view into the way we have been doing it for so long.

I wrote an article of about three magazine pages that I thought covered it pretty well along with some Parker history and a few nice pictures....

I guess it didn't represent what they wanted to convey because it was never published.

George King, "That's Ruff", 2010 - a timeless classic.
Dean Romig is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dean Romig For Your Post:
Unread 08-09-2020, 09:34 PM   #22
mobirdhunter
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 9,910 Times in 3,162 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Romig View Post
AJ at Project Upland contacted me almost two years ago and asked me to write something for their magazine from the "older generation" about Parker guns and hunting with them. In our conversations I said I recognized they were predominantly of the "millennial generation" to which he strongly agreed but he thought his readership would like to get a view into the way we have been doing it for so long.

I wrote an article of about three magazine pages that I thought covered it pretty well along with some Parker history and a few nice pictures....

I guess it didn't represent what they wanted to convey because it was never published.
Definitely their loss...and ours for not getting to read it.
Garry L Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Garry L Gordon For Your Post:
Unread 08-10-2020, 05:08 PM   #23
JasonPeck
Forum Associate

Member Info

If you want to see "relics" you should attend the gun auction held every few months at my local cattle auction. Never have I seen so many old, rusted, broken single shot shotguns under one roof. Lots of Winchester rifles too, but man are they rough. Farmer tools for sure.
Unread 08-10-2020, 06:35 PM   #24
Setter Man
Forum Associate

Member Info

Thanked 1,636 Times in 634 Posts

Meanwhile, back on the original topic....

I couldn't find a link to that particular lot but I would think the collection might be pretty interesting if it came with a story of it's life. " John Bird bought was a ranch and and cowboy who live in Wyoming. He carried it every day until he died in 19XX. Always kept it handy to deal with two and four legged varmints." Or, "owner was a gambler in Arizona who died from ________ in 1890." In other words, they are more than just worn out revolvers, there is a story that explains how they got worn out. There has always been a tremendous amount of romance about the west and I can't imagine a collection of shootin irons that tell stories of the men (or women) carried them every day.
Jay Gardner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2020, 07:19 PM   #25
Battue
Forum Associate

Member Info

Verification, verification , verification....

Grandad said he killed 2000 plus Grouse with this old Parker. How much????

Some said Granddad would talk to a stump if none were around to listen. you can trust me on number 2.
Unread 08-11-2020, 11:56 AM   #26
Hammer Gun
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 7,683 Times in 1,644 Posts

I bought a piece of property several years ago in the mountains that joined me on the north When surveyed they found a boundary line marked by barrels off a single barrel shot gun. In the old corn crib there was a double barrel shot gun, a" hardware gun" The stock was rotted up to the pistol grip where it had been put in the corner of the crib, obviously by its former owner, the crib had fallen in years earlier, could not find a name just a solid piece of rust. The old house on the property was built in the late 1800,s I have often wondered how this came to be did the owner forget where it was or maybe died, thus leaving the old gun to slowly die to the elements? Gary
Gary Carmichael Sr is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gary Carmichael Sr For Your Post: