Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums Hunting with Parkers

Notices

Unread 10-08-2012, 07:16 PM   #11
Opening Day
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 2,090 Times in 1,196 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Clark View Post
I hope it improves for you soon. I'm going again Wed. but tomorrow I'm taking young Wyatt to try for his firs elk. Should have gone out tonight as 150+ were in our hay field well before shooting time ended. I told him they would probably come in too late so we should go in the morning. Live and learn! Hope I can post a picture of him with a nice cow.
Tell Wyatt good luck....and some pictures please. Eric
Eric Eis is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-2012, 09:06 AM   #12
C.O.B.
Forum Associate

Member Info

Thanked 6,320 Times in 2,082 Posts

I just came back from across the Big Mac and the water is 40 yards or more from the road and I remember when it came right up to the road. Travel across US2 in November got tricky with the black ice from the wind whipping water over the road. There are ponds along US 2 that are bone dry and these have always held water. At Rapid River you can walk across the river and not get your feet wet.
Rich Anderson is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Rich Anderson For Your Post:
Unread 10-12-2012, 07:45 PM   #13
Duckman
Forum Associate

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Eis View Post
Tell Wyatt good luck....and some pictures please. Eric
Eric,
No luck on the elk as yet. He just couldn't find one the cow I wanted him to shoot in his little 4X Leupold scope. They were vitually everywhere, raising dust fighting, etc. sort of like trying to pick a steer out of a feedlot. After some thought we went down and bought a 3-9X Leuplod for his gun and got that sighted and ready to go. Much better optically and we were able to use the same mounts.
The elk have moved off for awhile but will return. Meanwhile a rancher friend gave him an antelope doe tag and he connected on that, his fist one. Sorry the picture is rather gruesome but we had to drag it a couple of miles! Fortunately they are small animals. The gun isn't a Parker but it's a Remington and that is pretty close.
-plc-
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1149.JPG (158.8 KB, 6 views)
Peter Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Peter Clark For Your Post:
Unread 10-12-2012, 09:20 PM   #14
Opening Day
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 2,090 Times in 1,196 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Clark View Post
Eric,
No luck on the elk as yet. He just couldn't find one the cow I wanted him to shoot in his little 4X Leupold scope. They were vitually everywhere, raising dust fighting, etc. sort of like trying to pick a steer out of a feedlot. After some thought we went down and bought a 3-9X Leuplod for his gun and got that sighted and ready to go. Much better optically and we were able to use the same mounts.
The elk have moved off for awhile but will return. Meanwhile a rancher friend gave him an antelope doe tag and he connected on that, his fist one. Sorry the picture is rather gruesome but we had to drag it a couple of miles! Fortunately they are small animals. The gun isn't a Parker but it's a Remington and that is pretty close.
-plc-
Congrat's Wyatt on the antelope I know that you will connect on an elk, can't wait to hear about that hunt. Have you had a chance to do any bird hunting?
Eric Eis is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-2012, 11:16 AM   #15
Duckman
Forum Associate

Member Info

Just some ducks and a few geese so far. Went grouse hunting in the mountains one day in Sept but no time to go back. Jumped about 3, my little lab did actually, but they kept trees between them and me. Who says blue grouse are dumb? Well, they can be.
It got cold last night and the elk came back so may try again this evening. However, I have an antelope buck tag for muzzleloader that starts next Sunday and it took me 10 years to draw it so I will focus on that for awhile. I also have a late buck deer tag that took me 4 years to get even with landowner preference so I will be busy shooting things other than Parkers for the time being. If weather is suitable I want to take one of my Sharps and hunt horseback for the deer. Might do the same with a modern rifle if it comes to that and deer are skittish.
-plc-
Peter Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-2012, 10:48 PM   #16
charlie cleveland
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 7,799 Times in 3,968 Posts

good luck on the deer hunt.... charlie
charlie cleveland is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to charlie cleveland For Your Post: