Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Non-Parker Specific & General Discussions Shotgun Shell Reloading

Notices

Unread 03-17-2015, 06:52 AM   #11
Wild Skies
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 3,668 Times in 999 Posts

The following was copied from another forum:

12 March 2015
Hi just seen this thought you guy might be interested
in case you didn't know AS30N is Clays and AS50N is International AP70N is Universal

Dear Reloader,

Australian Munitions is making some changes to the way we manufacture our pistol and shotgun powders. These changes are necessary to ensure that we can sustainably manufacture these products for many years to come. We are making changes to both the manufacturing process and formulation of the powders, in order to sustain the manufacturability and throughput of the Australian Shotgun (AS) and Australian Pistol (AP) series powders.

The result of this change will be a new series of powders that will give our customers the performance excellence you have come to expect from ADI powders in both shotgun and pistol applications. This new series of powders will be called the APS series of powders, starting with APS35 that will replace AS30N, and APS45 that will replace both AS50N and AP50N. You will see these powders start appearing on the shelves after May this year, and we will be making reloading data available for them on our website and in the 2015 edition of our reloading manual, which will be released in May. Our development of APS-series powders to replace AP70N is well under way, but we will continue to supply AP70N throughout 2015 until the new powder is ready for release. AP100 manufacture is not affected by these changes, as it is manufactured differently.

While we are making these changes, it is unfortunately possible that you may experience some difficulty obtaining AS30N, AP50N and AS50N. This is due to the fact that it is getting more difficult for us to run the old process regularly, which is an important part of the reasoning behind making the changes. We ask that you please remain patient during this time, as the changes are essential to ensuring that we can continue making these powders in Australia well into the future.

Thank you for your ongoing support, and for using our World Class powders, proudly made in Australia. We appreciate your custom.

Be safe out there, and enjoy your reloading.

Ferdi Kluever

Sales Director, Australian Munitions
The Following User Says Thank You to Greg Baehman For Your Post:
Unread 03-21-2015, 01:57 PM   #12
Paul Harm
Forum Associate

Member Info

Glad I don't use their powders - it could be awhile.
Unread 03-21-2015, 08:17 PM   #13
C.O.B.
Forum Associate

Member Info

Thanked 6,320 Times in 2,082 Posts

I'm glad I have about 30lbs of it.
Unread 02-26-2016, 09:11 AM   #14
Desmond Heil
Forum Associate

Member Info

try trimming .30-06 brass and sizing it I believe Forester sells the dies and possibly Reading D
Desmond Heil is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2016, 12:42 PM   #15
C.O.B.
Forum Associate

Member Info

Thanked 6,320 Times in 2,082 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmond Heil View Post
try trimming .30-06 brass and sizing it I believe Forester sells the dies and possibly Reading D
If your referring to my inquiry regarding 300 Savage brass the parent case is the 250-3000 so trimming a 30-06 case is way more work than necessary if it will even work. it would be far easier to use a 22-250 case and neck it up but I have found a sufficient supply of brass.
Unread 03-05-2016, 07:27 AM   #16
gman
Forum Associate

Member Info

Big sale on alliant and Hodgden at Ballistic Products
Eric Grims is offline   Reply With Quote