Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Non-Parker Specific & General Discussions Shotgun Shell Reloading

Notices

Unread 02-04-2012, 12:03 PM   #11
charlie cleveland
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 7,799 Times in 3,968 Posts

fellas i was wrong in calling them batter pliers....my son informed me the pliers are really a set of plumber crimping tool for some kinda pipe they use...ive always thought they were battery pliars...well sorry for the mistake in names but i will find the proper name for them and post...will try a picture of them tonite...just done a hull in 15 secounds but i was hustling...with a lille bit of more tweaking these pliers can do what the dyes do in as short of time... charlie
charlie cleveland is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to charlie cleveland For Your Post:
Unread 02-05-2012, 04:39 PM   #12
6pt-Sika
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 7,678 Times in 3,458 Posts

I suppose I need to get myself an 8 gauge Parker before I start with the loading !

But I suppose in the overall spectrum of things it wouldn't hurt to be prepared in advance !
Unread 02-05-2012, 10:09 PM   #13
charlie cleveland
PGCA Member

Member Info

craig you will like the old 8 ga s just wish the price on them were not so high...but there are some shooters out there but they will set you back more than 10 ga s but still affordable...back to reloading...takes very few tools get a set of these plumbers crimpers and order you some hulls and youall be a 8 ga man for life...one thing i always wanted more than an 8 was a 4 bore.... charlie
Unread 02-06-2012, 01:30 AM   #14
6pt-Sika
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie cleveland View Post
craig you will like the old 8 ga s just wish the price on them were not so high...but there are some shooters out there but they will set you back more than 10 ga s but still affordable...back to reloading...takes very few tools get a set of these plumbers crimpers and order you some hulls and youall be a 8 ga man for life...one thing i always wanted more than an 8 was a 4 bore.... charlie
I passed by within 80 miles or so of you saturday Charlie !

Wish I had been traveling alone as I would have made a detour !

While I was hunting in Arkansas I made a point of getting the game regs from AR , LA and MS .

The 4 bore is a bit over the top even for me

Now a nice old english 8 bore with Paradox would certainly be intresting !
We've had two of those go thru our shop in the last 2 years although I wasn't able to shoot either . One had a full kit with it for reloading buck or ball !
Unread 02-06-2012, 01:35 AM   #15
6pt-Sika
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Charlie I've been hammrred plenty by 375's, 416's and even 505 Gibbs rifles . But the worst I ever got popped by a BIG GUN was a nice old Ruger #1H I had for awhile in 458 WIN MAG .

Now at the same time I had the Ruger #1H's I still have that are in 375 H&H MAG as well as 416 REM MAG . That 458 with a 500 grain bullet would flat knock the shite out of you compared to those other two .

Heck about that time I was working up a load for a friends CZ550 in 505 Gibbs and that one with a 525 grain bullet kicked nowhere near as bad as that 458 Ruger #1H !

But with all that said I would "expect" a 4 bore to recoil a good bit more then any of the ones I've messed with to date .
Unread 02-06-2012, 10:38 AM   #16
charlie cleveland
PGCA Member

Member Info

craig i dont think the 4 bore would kick as bad as your ruger 458 on account of the weight of the 4 bore...boy them paradox guns have always interested me....ive never got to fire any of those old big rifles but ive got a 3 1/2 inch 12 ga single barrel new england gun that will make you gun shy with in a couple of rounds...some of these guns they make now are just to lite..if i shot a lot of them big kickers i would get me one of those stocks that got a shock built in it....i have fired a 3 ounce load of shot thru a 8 ga fa loomis and it will walk you backwards usally a step and a half some times 2 steps but the kick does not hurt you like thelite magnum 10 s and 12 ga will....im envious of you getting to shoot all them big bore rifles...wish you coulda swung by for a minute we woulda had good talk about guns and hunting.... charlie
Unread 02-06-2012, 10:41 AM   #17
charlie cleveland
PGCA Member

Member Info

ps ive took some pictures of the plumbers pliars this morning will try to post shortly.... charlie
Pictures
Unread 02-06-2012, 02:23 PM   #18
charlie cleveland
PGCA Member

Member Info

Default Pictures

hope they got thru this time... charlie
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 026.jpg (496.9 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg 029.jpg (501.0 KB, 3 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to charlie cleveland For Your Post:
Unread 02-12-2012, 02:52 PM   #19
charlie cleveland
PGCA Member

Member Info

well ive not found the proper name for the pipe crimpers yet but my son says there for 1/2 inch pipe.... were gonna try a 7 /8 drill bit through them ...think this will make them a little smoother inside andtake less times to grip down on handles.. hoping todo it in one squeeze no more than two....let yall no soon..... charlie
Unread 02-12-2012, 08:25 PM   #20
6pt-Sika
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie cleveland View Post
....im envious of you getting to shoot all them big bore rifles...wish you coulda swung by for a minute we woulda had good talk about guns and hunting.... charlie
Perhaps if I'm able to make the trip next year I can come a couple days early and slide by to to see you for a couple days and maybe even kill a deer if you know of some public spots I can hunt !

I'll drag along my 416 REM MAG and possibly my buddies 505 Gibbs for you to touch a couple off .
I have another friend with a nice C Sharps 1874 in 45-100 with a quality Malcolm type scope on top . Might see if he'd be willing to let me use that one down south next year ! And that would be legal in your state ! As would my hammer drilling with the two 16 gauge pipes and the 10.75x65R Collath rifle barrel