Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

Unread 12-24-2013, 02:57 PM   #11
curtis taylor
Forum Associate

Member Info

David,

thanks for the information I appreciate the response. I was hopeful that it would be easier than that. Its my 3rd gun and Ive always been able to get info on my new guns....
curtis taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-24-2013, 04:45 PM   #12
Pa SxS
Research Chairman
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 5,010 Times in 1,429 Posts

Curtis, if you use the search function you will be able to find out the history of the Order and Stock books that we have from previous threads. It gets redundant typing the same info every time a newbie asks. Try using the search words "Order Books" or "Stock Books." If you can 't find the threads, I'll respond with the answer.
Chuck Bishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-24-2013, 04:50 PM   #13
Pa SxS
Research Chairman
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 5,010 Times in 1,429 Posts

I found it fast. Here is a cut and paste. More info is available if you continue the search function.

I'll give you the brief explanation. You can use the search function to view previous threads on the Serialization Book and Order and Stock books.

The Serialization Book was made up by recording all the S/N's and options found in the Stock Books plus some S/N's of high grade guns that were found in the Order Books but were missing in the Stock Books. Remember, we don't have a complete set of Stock and Order books. There are gaps.

Your best bet if you want info on a particular gun is go to the PGCA home page, click on the Research Letters link on the left hand side, follow the instructions and it will tell you if we have surviving records for the gun. We may only have Order Book info, only Stock Book info, or info in both the Stock and Order Book.
Chuck Bishop is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Chuck Bishop For Your Post:
Unread 12-24-2013, 05:05 PM   #14
curtis taylor
Forum Associate

Member Info

Chuck,

Thanks so much for the info. I appreciate the help. I sent the serial number in with the money after I joined addressed to you. My 410 showed up but not the 28. Hopefully the gun will show up somewhere. Its a DHE 28 with 30 inch barrels and a single Parker factory trigger and skeleton butt. If not I guess I just have to accept what somebody tells me.

Have a Merry Christmas and thanks for taking care of a Newbe!

all the best,

Curtis Taylor
curtis taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-24-2013, 06:33 PM   #15
Bill Murphy
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 8,942 Times in 4,789 Posts

Mark was almost right. The 12 gauge is listed as a Parker Steel gun, however incorrectly. PP is Parker Steel, found usually on Grade 1, P Grades. P2 is a Parker Special Steel gun, usually found on Grade 2, Grades. There are errors in the serialization book.
Bill Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bill Murphy For Your Post: