Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums Hunting with Parkers

Notices

Unread 10-19-2009, 11:44 PM   #11
MarketHunter
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 4,045 Times in 1,173 Posts

Remind me to accidentally shoot you next time we're out on the lake.

DLH
I was as virtuously given as a gentleman need to be; virtuous enough; swore little; diced not above seven times a week; went to a bawdy-house once in a quarter--of an hour; paid money that I borrowed, three of four times; lived well and in good compass: and now I live out of all order, out of all compass. Falstaff - Henry IV
Destry L. Hoffard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-20-2009, 10:54 AM   #12
Don Kaas
Forum Associate

Member Info

You have nasty streak, DeHo, a nasty streak BTW, I have never shot a banded diver...perhaps in a couple of weeks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 350266094983_1_0_1.jpg (19.6 KB, 268 views)

Last edited by Don Kaas; 10-20-2009 at 02:46 PM..
Don Kaas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-20-2009, 12:18 PM   #13
Andrew Thompson
Forum Associate

Member Info

Quote:
Save me some Destry! You should see all the geese ducks and swans here in northern Canada!! Some grain and pea fields have hundreds in them. A few have had thousands... snows, Canadians, and more mallards than you can imagine.
Looking forward to my trip next week. Thanks for the report
Andrew Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-20-2009, 07:59 PM   #14
charlie cleveland
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 7,799 Times in 3,968 Posts

you fellas send some of those ducks down my way. charlie
charlie cleveland is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-02-2009, 02:13 PM   #15
MarketHunter
PGCA Member

Member Info

This past Saturday was another good one. Big wind predicted so we were hot to get out on the lake. Was already somebody on the point we wanted so we had to make a last minute change and race for a secondary position. Limits of bluebill, redhead, and mallard down by about 1pm. The wind built all day and made for a mighty sporty decoy pickup and run back to the marina. One of those blows that, if it howled about another 5 miles an hour faster, you wouldn't want to get out in.

Kaas arrives for a three day shoot on Friday, I'm praying for weather. Wind is supposed to shift out of the NW this week and we've got a full moon so there's a chance for flight ducks. Still no canvasbacks but we saw our first buffleheads and whistlers on Sat so the wedgeheads can't be far behind.

Destry
I was as virtuously given as a gentleman need to be; virtuous enough; swore little; diced not above seven times a week; went to a bawdy-house once in a quarter--of an hour; paid money that I borrowed, three of four times; lived well and in good compass: and now I live out of all order, out of all compass. Falstaff - Henry IV
Unread 11-02-2009, 05:12 PM   #16
Don Kaas
Forum Associate

Member Info

Most importantly, I've settled on the gats for the trip, Making their debuts in anger, Parker 34" 2 7/8" chambered A4 CHE 12 on its rather petite #2 frame, the Parker 36" D2 GH 10 #3 frame and "for avoidance of doubt" as we lawyers say, my new best friend, the Ithaca 32" NID 10g 3 1/2" Magnum with factory Miller trigger and ejectors. I have hand loaded some 3" 10g with Mr. Bell's loads for 1 3/8oz #5 Bismuth (I had to use IMR 4756 because I was out of E.C.) and I have plenty of #4 Federal 1 3/4oz T-P for the Big Ten. The CHE will be fed by factory Bismaxx 2 3/4" 1 3/8oz of #5...I am ready for the big water...ready...
Unread 11-02-2009, 06:08 PM   #17
MarketHunter
PGCA Member

Member Info

The weather is supposed to be cold and sour around here all week but then (of course) warm up again on Saturday and Sunday. If it's clear with a breeze we might try some sneak shooting, that is if this north wind and full moon bring down what I think they might.

DLH
Unread 11-07-2009, 09:00 PM   #18
David Hamilton
Forum Associate

Member Info

The original "Swamp Angel" was a a large cannon used in the Siege of Charleston, SC during the late unpleasantness-- the bad news is that it burst! David
David Hamilton is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2009, 08:33 AM   #19
C.O.B.
Forum Associate

Member Info

Thanked 6,320 Times in 2,082 Posts

I have gotten out only twice for Canadas with the hammer gun I got from Don but no success....yet. That gun needs to kill a bird

I remember well the days of Redheads and Bluebills comeing in fast and low to the decoys. One day three of us limited out soley on drake Bluebills. Back then in northern Manitoba the limit was 6 ducks each but I'm sure it's less these days.
Rich Anderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2009, 05:13 PM   #20
Don Kaas
Forum Associate

Member Info

3 days on Lake St. Clair resulted in limits each day, lots of bluebills, redheads, a few cans, mallards, dippers and blackies. I managed to miss a single whistler today with Destry's Parker 34" 12g DHE among others missed. My 32" VHE 16g did not prove man enough for the big ducks on big water...Warm temps and mild winds didn't seem to affect the gunning