Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

Unread 08-23-2013, 09:48 PM   #11
edgarspencer
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 11,743 Times in 3,157 Posts

Whoa Chris, you've got my attention. I've been known to travel great distances for real ale and real fish&chips (gotta be done in lard)
edgarspencer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to edgarspencer For Your Post:
Unread 08-23-2013, 10:15 PM   #12
Dennis
PGCA Member

Member Info

I am totally with Edgar but he beat me to it as I had to fix some eggplant parmesan and fried green tomatoes for dinner. I have been known to go to Gibraltar and then England for good fish and chips. Both places were great too. In England my companions, Dave Ross and his lovely wife, Monica helped to make the meal special. I would go to Newfoundland for fish and chips though.

Dennis
Dennis V. Nix is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dennis V. Nix For Your Post:
Unread 08-23-2013, 10:17 PM   #13
Dennis
PGCA Member

Member Info

Wayne, I will do that with pleasure. I would love to meet you.

Dennis
Unread 08-23-2013, 10:33 PM   #14
Dennis
PGCA Member

Member Info

Guys and Gals, I guess I have to apologize as this thread isn't going exactly the way I thought it would. One member thought I wanted everyone to post their exact name and address which would allow anyone with $30.00 to have access to most likely millions of dollars of high grade firearms. I told him that as an ex cop and correctional officer that would be dumb.

I don't want to know anybody's exact address or any personal information about forum members at all. I didn't want the BOD to take a vote and have everyone put their state in their avatar either. I wanted to start a thread to see if there wasn't some way for those of us who do not live in the Northeast where many forum members live to be able to shoot with one another where we do live. Maybe I should have made that clear. Darn, maybe it still isn't clear. In my avatar I listed that I live in Southern California. For me anyone who lives in Southern can contact me and I would be happy to drive to visit them, shoot clay targets, maybe hunt big game together or simply have a cup of coffee or lunch. I don't want to move in nor do I want to impose in the slightest possible way. I was trying to promote comradeship between members. That was it. I have already received PM's from two members, one in CA and another in another state asking to possibly get together. I am looking forward to meeting each person. Maybe we will have a cup of coffee and then go our separate ways. Maybe we will become lifelong friends. Who knows. That is what I am trying to promote. Nobody HAS to do it but if we put our state in our avatar at least we will know who else is in the same state we are in. I genuinely appreciate those who wrote in with their state but I am not going to remember those comments. On my trip East a couple of weeks ago I probably passed within 50 miles of two members who have recently posted on the forum. From being a forum member for over a year now I have read their posts and have a great deal of respect for them both. Had I known where they live I would have tried to contact them ahead of time to meet them. Of course I had no idea what state they live in. I was told we all received a list of members with addresses. I don't know if I did or not. I may have. Personally if I was a dishonest individual I wonder how much I could sell that list for to a criminal.

I hope this serves as somewhat of an explanation of what my intention was.

Dennis
The Following User Says Thank You to Dennis V. Nix For Your Post:
Unread 08-23-2013, 10:34 PM   #15
Dennis
PGCA Member

Member Info

Bill,
I am not familiar with the California Side by Side organization. I will have to look it up. Thanks.

Dennis
Unread 08-23-2013, 11:08 PM   #16
Researcher
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 7,917 Times in 2,384 Posts

I'm currently at our place on the "Island Terrific in the North Pacific" but spend much of the year at our place ENE of Spokane. Usually spend some time in California before and after the winter Antique and Sporting Arms Show in Las Vegas.
Dave Noreen is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-23-2013, 11:30 PM   #17
Dennis Smith
PGCA Member

Member Info

I was born and raised in WA. Researcher, my family history identifies with your home of WA. Dennis, I live in the PNW. I live in Oregon.
Dennis Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2013, 06:38 AM   #18
Jean Swanson
PGCA Invincible
Life Member

Member Info

Thanked 1,080 Times in 237 Posts

Dennis :

You brought up a good point !! I just emailed the powers to be with a suggestion as to an alphabetical publication by name and State .
Jean Swanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2013, 07:37 AM   #19
chris dawe
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 2,794 Times in 605 Posts

Our best local beers are Blackhorse ,Jockey Club,Dominion,Blue star and India with a couploe little craft brewerys thrown in for good measure ...as far as I know Blackhorse is the only on that gets exported to mainland Canada

The most famous rum here is Screech,Jamacian black rum thats been mixed here for generations ...it's been toned down quite a bit over the years to appeal to the masses, the origional you could almost stand a spoon it so I'm told

The Fi and chi is a big staple in most every restaurant, but you have to go to the little hole in the walls for the best,we serve it up here with a thick batter and savoury bread crumb dressing,as to what they fry it in it's most times a big secret....I'm getting real hungry fast and it's only 9 in the morning!
chris dawe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2013, 09:42 AM   #20
Dennis
PGCA Member

Member Info

Chris, you are making me hungry too. I just may have to look into Newfoundland for a visit. Dennis