Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

Unread 08-02-2011, 09:53 PM   #11
George Lander
Forum Associate

Member Info

Gary: Please tell Daryl that we are all praying for him and his Grandson. Young people often recover faster than us old folks. Bill we are praying for you too in your loss.

George
George Lander is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2011, 11:30 PM   #12
David
Forum Associate

Member Info

God Bless
David Long is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2011, 06:09 AM   #13
ch
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

prayers for Daryl's grandson for a good recovery and also for Bill and his family. Godspeed Calvin
calvin humburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2011, 09:34 AM   #14
Daryl Middlebrook
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

I would like to thank all of you for your kind words and prayers. My grandson Reece is 6 years old and in surgery as I write this. The bottom of his left foot was burned as a result of him running thru some hot coals that were left over from a chicken barbeque at the local firemans field the day before.

I cannot express how much it means to me knowing that you all are praying and pulling for Reece. Thank you so very very much for your kind thoughts and words.

I read this forum almost every day. However, for some reason I am unable to log on at home. So I am unable to participate in daily discussions. This message is being sent from another computer.---Again, thank you all.
Daryl Middlebrook
Daryl Middlebrook is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Daryl Middlebrook For Your Post:
Unread 08-03-2011, 09:43 AM   #15
Dean Romig
PGCA Invincible
Life Member

Member Info

Thanked 33,409 Times in 12,421 Posts

I'm so sorry to learn of your grandson's accident. I've heard of that exact situation a few times before (live coals from cooking) and burned feet... so sad that it happened Daryl. Many of us feel the anguish you must feel as we have kids and grandkids in that age group.

Best, Dean
Dean Romig is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2011, 09:53 AM   #16
Pa SxS
Research Chairman
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 5,010 Times in 1,429 Posts

Here's hoping and praying for your grandson's full and speedy recovery.

Chuck Bishop
Chuck Bishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2011, 09:35 AM   #17
Pittypatdugan
PGCA Member

Member Info

This was sent to me by a friend about burns, this might help someone in the future

PDD

Subject: BURNS
BURNS
A young man sprinkling his lawn and bushes with pesticides wanted to check the contents of the barrel to see how much pesticide remained in it. He raised the cover and lit his lighter; the vapors inflamed and engulfed him. He jumped from his truck, screaming. His neighbor came out of her house with a dozen eggs, yelling: "bring me some eggs!" She broke them, separating the whites from the yolks. The neighbor woman helped her to apply the whites on the young man's face. When the ambulance arrived and when the EMTs saw the young man, they asked who had done this. Everyone pointed to the lady in charge. They congratulated her and said: "You have saved his face." By the end of the summer, the young man brought the lady a bouquet of roses to thank her. His face was like a baby's skin.
Healing Miracle for burns:
Keep in mind this treatment of burns which is included in teaching beginner fireman this method. First aid consists to spraying cold water on the affected area until the heat is reduced and stops burning the layers of skin. Then, spread egg whites on the affected area.
One woman burned a large part of her hand with boiling water. In spite of the pain, she ran cold faucet water on her hand, separated 2 egg white from the yolks, beat them slightly and dipped her hand in the solution. The whites then dried and formed a protective layer.
She later learned that the egg white is a natural collagen and continued during at least one hour to apply layer upon layer of beaten egg white. By afternoon she no longer felt any pain and the next day there was hardly a trace of the burn. 10 days later, no trace was left at all and her skin had regained its normal color. The burned area was totally regenerated thanks to the collagen in the egg whites, a placenta full of vitamins.
This information could be helpful to everyone: Please pass it on
Pat Dugan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2011, 09:41 AM   #18
Daryl Middlebrook
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Grandson Reece is now home and recovering well. His right foot is all but recovered. It will take some time for the grafts to take hold and for his left foot to heal up completely. In the meantime he has a minature walker that he has learned to operate successfully. He is getting arount the house at a faster rate than his mother approves of. She is spending a good deal of effort trying to slow him down.----It is a loosing battle I am afraid.

Thank you all for your thoughts, comments and prayers. Good friends are really important in times like these and y'all showed your colors. Thank You again.
Daryl Middlebrook
Daryl Middlebrook is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Daryl Middlebrook For Your Post:
Unread 08-08-2011, 09:49 AM   #19
Dean Romig
PGCA Invincible
Life Member

Member Info

Thanked 33,409 Times in 12,421 Posts

Daryl, that is very refreshing news!! Kids bounce back so easily it seems. Thanks for brightening our day.
Dean Romig is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2011, 10:28 AM   #20
Richard Flanders
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 5,538 Times in 1,717 Posts

Glad he's doing well Daryl. If only us older folks could recover from such things as fast, eh? The egg white thing is new to me. I do the same thing with aloe gel from the plants.
Richard Flanders is offline   Reply With Quote