Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

Unread 09-13-2023, 11:27 AM   #11
John Bastiani
PGCA Member

Member Info

Default 410

What about the price of Lot number 1? The 410 VHE skeet brought $120,000 all in. I bid on both lots and lost both.
John Bastiani is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2023, 11:29 AM   #12
edgarspencer
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 12,014 Times in 3,229 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Steingraber View Post
Edgar, The price shown on the Guyette & Deeter site includes the buyers premium of 20%. I did see some of the other aution sites showed the hammer price.
Yes, I am aware the the G&D website shows the total. My post, above, refers to the Live Auctioneers website prices.
edgarspencer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to edgarspencer For Your Post:
Unread 09-13-2023, 12:12 PM   #13
edgarspencer
PGCA Member

Member Info

The reason I ref'd the Live Auctioneers hammer price is because the auctioneer's estimates are hammer prices, and it gives one the opportunity to compare how closely (or not) their estimates are.
Unread 09-13-2023, 01:38 PM   #14
Reggie B
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 3,701 Times in 1,417 Posts

Just glancing down the day one results, the 1st four lots sold for considerable more than their estimate. After that it appears the next several sold below their estimated range. I got tired of dividing by 1.20 so I can't give any opinions on the accuracy of the estimates other than to say the 1st 36 lots weren't too accurate but what a difficult job that would be!
Here ya go Reggie.
Unread 09-13-2023, 02:00 PM   #15
edgarspencer
PGCA Member

Member Info

Default Here ya go Reggie.

https://www.liveauctioneers.com/item...auge-skeet-gun

top left hand corner is an arrow to advance.
Unread 09-13-2023, 02:18 PM   #16
Craig Larter
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 10,897 Times in 1,725 Posts

I attended the preview with Daryl C and my buddy Rick. G&D did a great job with the preview with the whole staff in attendance taking care of your every need. From finding a gun in the display racks to the front office to the oysters and cocktails. Very well done and quite an experience. I must have picked up a hundred guns but narrowed my choice down to one for which I left an absentee bid and was the successful buyer. That on top of a memorable VC Cup weekend it was big fun. The oysters were to die for!!! Generally I would say prices were mostly just under or at low estimates. Some real good buys were realized in my opinion.
Craig Larter is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Craig Larter For Your Post:
Unread 09-13-2023, 02:20 PM   #17
Reggie B
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 3,701 Times in 1,417 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Larter View Post
I attended the preview with Daryl C and my buddy Rick. G&D did a great job with the preview with the whole staff in attendance taking care of your every need. From finding a gun in the display racks to the front office to the oysters and cocktails. Very well done and quite an experience. I must have picked up a hundred guns but narrowed my choice down to one for which I left an absentee bid and was the successful buyer. That on top of a memorable VC Cup weekend was big fun. The oysters were to die for!!!
They do an excellent job with their fine sporting gun auctions! I would say already a leader in that field.
Unread 09-13-2023, 02:36 PM   #18
Dean Romig
PGCA Invincible
Life Member

Member Info

Thanked 33,921 Times in 12,560 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggie Bishop View Post
They do an excellent job with their fine sporting gun auctions! I would say already a leader in that field.

Of course they are - They have Josh Loewensteiner !!!

George King, "That's Ruff", 2010 - a timeless classic.
Dean Romig is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2023, 02:53 PM   #19
6pt-Sika
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 8,141 Times in 3,639 Posts

Quote:
I attended the preview with Daryl C and my buddy Rick. G&D did a great job with the preview with the whole staff in attendance taking care of your every need. From finding a gun in the display racks to the front office to the oysters and cocktails. Very well done and quite an experience. I must have picked up a hundred guns but narrowed my choice down to one for which I left an absentee bid and was the successful buyer. That on top of a memorable VC Cup weekend it was big fun. The oysters were to die for!!! Generally I would say prices were mostly just under or at low estimates. Some real good buys were realized in my opinion.
There was a Grade 2 8 gauge 7 frame from Bernie’s collection that had two inches relieved from the muzzles and it hammered at 3k . Even with chopped barrels I thought that a decent buy . Well 3.6K with the add on . The DH 10&12 set on a 3 frame also went for what I thought a fair price at 5.5k plus20% , for me atleast the detraction for that was the screw in the rib on the 10 gauge barrels . All in all I did the smart thing and stayed the hell away so I didn’t buy something I truely didn’t need !
Unread 09-13-2023, 03:56 PM   #20
Steiner
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 2,290 Times in 524 Posts

Quote:
I followed along pretty closely and bid on 15 +- guns (I went in hoping to buy 2 or 3) and ended up with 2 new to me Parkers. One that I had my eye on and one I’m not sure what I was thinking. Haha. It seemed to be a great opportunity to buy the lower grade guns from any manufacturer in any gauge for a really nice price. The exception being high original condition guns. I think a few dealers had a strong weekend filling their inventory of nice meat and potatoes guns at prices that will allow them to make some money. I’d love to attend one when my schedule permits.
Dan Steingraber is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dan Steingraber For Your Post: