Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

Unread 03-10-2013, 10:16 AM   #11
Bill Murphy
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 8,963 Times in 4,800 Posts

I also copied the picture of Dunn's home in Madison. These are two very unusual guns and with great provenance. My Dunn 16 was on display at the Fall Southern in September and was enjoyed by everyone who tried to pick it up. The order specified 8 pounds, 13 ounces.
Bill Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2013, 11:24 AM   #12
Jawjadawg
Forum Associate

Member Info

Bill, I sent an email to a Bill Dunn I found in Madison Wisconsin. The guy is probably not related, but I figured no harm, no foul. There are probably hundreds of Dunn's in Wisconsin, but given his name is Bill I thought it worth an inquiry regarding his possible relation to W.G. Dunn.

I'll let you know if he responds back. On a side note, the guy I emailed is the editor for one of those heathen groups which fight to remove all references of God from everything. What kind of person sets out on a mission in life to remove God from our daily lives? I'll let you know if he responds back to me.
will evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2013, 03:05 PM   #13
Jawjadawg
Forum Associate

Member Info

Mr. Dunn responded this morning. He and his family are new to Wisconsin as of 1983.
will evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2013, 08:12 AM   #14
J. A. EARLY
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 2,719 Times in 879 Posts

[QUOTE=will evans;99900
I think it has been restocked because the wood is a tiny bit proud around the receiver and the checkering appears to be slightly larger on the stock than forearm. Not much larger, but just a little bit if you look closely. Was Remington good about retaining the perfect fit to receiver of a Parker when replacing a stock? The gun is in my office safe so I can't check the dimensions right now.[/QUOTE]

Will,

My visual observation and opinion using a checkering gauge/guide is there is an ever so slight difference in the forend checkering and stock checkering on the unaltered VH guns I have observed. But it may just be the size of the surface that is being checkered. Brian D. can probably answer this for us. The presence of the serial number under the trigger guard tang will probably answer your suspicions.
Jerry Harlow is offline   Reply With Quote