Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

Unread 11-24-2010, 08:14 PM   #11
John D.
PGCA Lifer
Admin

Member Info

Thanked 4,221 Times in 834 Posts

Update #4

Unless you are registered and logged on - you will NOT be able to see who is reading the same thread you are reading... If you are registered and logged in - at the bottom of the thread, you will see who is reading it at the same time you are (by real name - as you are a REGISTERED USER/MEMBER!)...

Best to all..!

John
John Dunkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-24-2010, 08:39 PM   #12
winplumber
PGCA Member

Member Info

Ok I like it
Steve Huffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-24-2010, 09:01 PM   #13
John D.
PGCA Lifer
Admin

Member Info

Hi Steve and all!

Thank you...

As well - Update #5...

If you have posted an Album on the PGCA Website - All Albums - they are protected as well and those too now require a Member/Login to view and access...

My thanks to all,

John
Unread 11-24-2010, 09:08 PM   #14
Autumn Daze
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 4,073 Times in 1,730 Posts

I'm feelin safer by the minute John.....
Unread 11-24-2010, 09:20 PM   #15
John D.
PGCA Lifer
Admin

Member Info

Well - Dave....??

To make you feel even better.....

The Archive Forum is now blocked from the search engines as well - as all those User/Member Names were being searched and categorized...

That being said - you know I expect some sort of payment for all I do..?? What'cha got for nice Parkers I can "borrow"?? Sort been looking for a really nice SBT..??

Seriously - best to ya' Dave!

John
Unread 11-24-2010, 10:08 PM   #16
Autumn Daze
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 4,073 Times in 1,730 Posts

Anytime John...But I gotta ask ya... Do you have two safe's? One for gun's you actually own and another for all the borrowed gun's?.....
Unread 11-25-2010, 02:32 AM   #17
CSL
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Dunkle View Post
As well - I have taken a bit of CRAP and S%^$T for doing this change from some who have NO IDEA WTF they are talking about - which has taken many, many hours of coding - and frankly - this change is some of my best coding work.

Anyway - try this... Go to GOOGLE.COM

Type in "John Dunkle Gun".. You see what posts up??? Cool.. Now finish the complete search on my websites... Got it??? Next type in my location, and get a street view of WHERE I LIVE...

When I told some of the PGCA PUNDITS about this issue (technology EVOLVES - and it's up to "us" to keep pace"?) their reply was "Frankly - I could give a damn" along with why it doesn't matter....

It does MATTER. So to those "who couldn't give a damn" - I'll be better by not burying my head in the sand and claiming ignorance.

Just my $0.0002....

And oh - BTW - try the search with your OWN NAME IF YOU HAVE POSTED ON THIS FORUM.. Tell me how that works out, OK???

The good news is that, with the programming changes today - those hits on Google and all the other search bots will disappear shortly....

John

FINALLY!!!!! --- A man with common sense who can see farther than he can spit...

John, some of the same good points you've mentioned here today were raised a couple years ago by several people smart enough to know what the long term effects would be regarding this situation, but unfortunately one or two short sighted "PGCA PUNDITS" with their limited knowledge and personal agendas of wanting everyone's name posted on the world wide web superseded any security issues that would eventually exist from such careless thinking..... As a result, many good folks with the exact same concerns you have mentioned actually stopped participating on the PGCA site altogether, and many others who had been regulars became occasional posters and distant observers... When someone with no understanding of long term consequences and "NO IDEA WTF they are talking about" makes a decision that adversely effects everyone, and then later follows it with a reply of "Frankly - I could give a damn" along with why it doesn't matter to them, THEN IT'S DEFINITELY TIME FOR A CHANGE.

HOLD FAST JOHN, STAY THE COURSE, and continue to choose the smart... I agree with you, poor choices, blind ignorance, and keeping your fingers crossed is not the wise mans path, and if you have the opportunity to make it better, then fix it, period... Thanks again for your continued (common-sense) efforts here, and for once again allowing us a modicum of control over our privacy on the PGCA site...

Signing this with the DISPLAY name I was told I could no longer use a few years ago... Best, CSL

Last edited by Christopher Lien; 11-25-2010 at 02:56 AM..
Christopher Lien is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-25-2010, 07:19 AM   #18
Dean Romig
PGCA Invincible
Life Member

Member Info

Thanked 33,921 Times in 12,560 Posts

This new security feature introduced by John is very well thought out and is, without question, overdue. Whether real or imagined (and believe me, these threats to our security and the security of our homes and their valuable contents are very real) it is about time that something be done to protect all of us - those who are believers as well as the non-believers.

This is the evolution of the PGCA. We are witness to it all the time but this one is monumental. It is a good thing!

That being said, it serves no purpose to take shots at those who have worked very hard to lead this organization from the turmoil of it's past into what we have today. Everybody has done what he thought was right for whatever reason he believed. Let's continue to work together to make the PGCA the collector's group/social group/shooting group better and better all the time... "evolution" ...we all have a hand in this. Sure, there is disagreement from time to time, behind the scenes, as to the direction to take but it seems to me that we are on the right path.
Dean Romig is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dean Romig For Your Post:
Unread 11-25-2010, 07:50 AM   #19
John D.
PGCA Lifer
Admin

Member Info

Hey Guys..!

First - Happy T'Day to you both!!!

Remember - I wasn't around in the old days - so I have no idea who said what to who, nor why, nor whatever....?!! I plead "ignorance"..!! Anyway - I can tell you that the PGCA BOD and all the Members and friends I've met in this wonderful group have been both supportive and patient with me (and trust me - I'm not all that easy to get along with!! )

Anyway - I look at PGCA as an evolution, not a revolution - and we are all trying to better the organization and the community.. I can also tell you - to what Dean said - I echo his thoughts. The guys who were, are - and will be on the PGCA BOD have done an incredible job - and I have every confidence that they'll continue to do so way after my Parkers pass hands.. And that's long a long time (err - I hope!! )

Best to all - and my thanks again!!!

John
Unread 11-25-2010, 08:33 AM   #20
Dean Romig
PGCA Invincible
Life Member

Member Info

Thanked 33,921 Times in 12,560 Posts

Hey Dave, shouldn't it be "Autumn Daze"?
Dean Romig is offline   Reply With Quote