Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

Unread 01-04-2010, 05:53 PM   #11
MarketHunter
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 4,127 Times in 1,190 Posts

Lefever's isn't really a shop anymore, there's a gunshop that bought them out and answers the old phone number. I don't have any idea if there are any records available.

Destry
I was as virtuously given as a gentleman need to be; virtuous enough; swore little; diced not above seven times a week; went to a bawdy-house once in a quarter--of an hour; paid money that I borrowed, three of four times; lived well and in good compass: and now I live out of all order, out of all compass. Falstaff - Henry IV
Destry L. Hoffard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2010, 05:56 PM   #12
Brush Buster
PGCA Member
Second Badge

Member Info

Thanked 3,638 Times in 1,114 Posts

Destry ;Thank you for the reply ,This is what I thought also ,now I will ask ,would anyone know the Phone # ?
Russ Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2010, 01:57 AM   #13
David Lien
Forum Associate

Member Info

Happy New Year to you Dave: An old waterfowler came in here this winter to hunt, and tells me that Remington would not work on damascus Parkers. We have three damascus guns with Remington date codes. One dates to 1935, one dates to 1936, and the third one dates to 1958. I would bet that many damascus Parkers are out there with Remington date codes. I also think that many die-hard Parker shooters shot damascus for a long time. I know of two fellows that shot damascus Parkers right up through the 1950s. A lot of hunting opportunities in this area and the two damascus Parkers were busy. How many shooters in your neighborhood were shooting damascus Parkers up to WW 2? Many times when you find one the checkering is all worn off and the triggers are shiny. Someone shot that gun for a long time. I think it would be interesting to know how many guns Remington worked on and returned to the owner. The guns were good and they were still shooting . The mystic that went with the Parker gun most likley kept the repair department busy. thanks to all who responded to my post. David
David Lien is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2010, 11:12 AM   #14
Bill Murphy
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 9,168 Times in 4,895 Posts

Robin, I believe Remington did stamp their date codes on new Parkers upon completion.
Bill Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2010, 07:41 PM   #15
MarketHunter
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 4,127 Times in 1,190 Posts

Here's the number I had written down: 1-315-337-6722
I was as virtuously given as a gentleman need to be; virtuous enough; swore little; diced not above seven times a week; went to a bawdy-house once in a quarter--of an hour; paid money that I borrowed, three of four times; lived well and in good compass: and now I live out of all order, out of all compass. Falstaff - Henry IV
Destry L. Hoffard is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Destry L. Hoffard For Your Post:
Unread 01-06-2010, 01:46 AM   #16
Brush Buster
PGCA Member
Second Badge

Member Info

Thanked 3,638 Times in 1,114 Posts

Destry ;Thank you much ,I will try the # in the morning !!!!! Much Appreciated ! Russ
Russ Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2010, 05:45 PM   #17
Kevin McCormack
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 3,781 Times in 1,069 Posts

Answers to David's original post: No and No. Answer to Russ' post; you will need a good psychic. Keep in mind that Remington routinely date-stamped Parker guns for no other reason than the gun having been received for repair work, regardless of whether any actual work was done on the gun itself or not.
Kevin McCormack is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kevin McCormack For Your Post: