Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

Unread 04-11-2015, 09:38 PM   #91
gunho
PGCA Member

Member Info

I'm also one that my 1st gun was a Savage .22/.410 o/u that I still have. The next one was a Win. M97 of my grandfather's that he gave me and I still have it. My grandfather traded a bushel of Black Walnuts and a bicycle for the 97 around 1910. I'd like to know how many rabbits that old 97 killed; I've seen some pics.
Whenever I went back home my uncle would let me use an L.C. Smith, 20 ga. of his to hunt grouse and squirrels with.
Richard White is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2015, 07:51 AM   #92
6pt-Sika
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 7,747 Times in 3,481 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Lang View Post
Winchester model 67, .22, single shot. Still have it and use it regularly.
My first was also a Winchester 67 I bought used when I was 7 years old I saved up $15 for the gun . My father refinished the stock and my grandfather cold blued the metal . I had it up until about 8 months ago when I donated it to a friends 6 year old !

My first shotgun was an H&R Topper 12 gauge 32" full choke gun I was given for my eighth Christmas . Parents bought it from a company called "Best" for the ungodly sum of $32 brand new .

My first real shotgun was my WW Greener BL 12 gauge with tang safety I paid $425 for that one when I was 14 years old and still have it to this day .
Unread 04-12-2015, 06:34 PM   #93
Bill Zachow
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Mine was a Mossberg "Chuckster" in .22 mag. Bought it in 1958 with money I made working at neighboring farms for a $1 per hour. I mounted a 6X Weaver scope on it and pretty near wiped out the woodchuck population in a 4 square mile area surrounding our home farm. Sold it when I left for college in 1960. Don't really miss it cause I have a .22 mag Winchester model 61 with a "baby Redfield" and a model 9422 in the same caliber. Both superb weapons. Talk about a different time--in those days I could earn $5 in an afternoon. I would pick up my now wife Sylvia in my dad's 56 Ford F100, stop for gas ($1 got close to 6 gallons) and go to the movies in Oneonta, NY. I would buy us snacks at the movies and then afterwards, a pizza. After taking Sylvia home, i would still have money left over from the $5.
Bill Zachow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bill Zachow For Your Post: