Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums Parker Restoration

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
New buttstock - VH 12 gauge
Unread 10-01-2012, 02:23 PM   #1
Cold Spring
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 6,406 Times in 1,245 Posts

Default New buttstock - VH 12 gauge

Most of my friends know that I'm trying to corner the market on nice 32-inch straight grip guns. I found a 2-frame VH last year with two barrels, one 32-inch 12 gauge choked IM and Full. And a 32-inch 20 gauge/3-inch barrel choked F & F. Original stock had 2-1/2" drop and fit me well but someone had pried the stock off, and the top and bottom tang inlets were pretty rough. Then last October I had the gun slip off my shoulder (in a padded gun case) and hit the concrete deck in the predawn darkness at at hotel on the St Lawrence river in NY. I thought it escaped damage but later in the goose blind I discovered a cracked wrist.

I had a gun restock in queue at Susquehanna Stockworks here in PA and Craig Libhart let me switch out the VH for that one. I asked Craig to replace the buttstock only, and he did that to my somewhat higher and longer dimensions so I could use it for hunting and clays. Of course I went with figured American black walnut from his inventory. Gun is now stocked 1-1/2 by 2-1/4 by 14-1/4" LOP. Original stock shield, tang bolt ferrule and buttplate screws were reused. Ready for this upcoming season. Here you go guys and gals. It looks like I'm limited here so more pics to follow. Frank

Frank Srebro is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Frank Srebro For Your Post: