Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums Parker Reproductions

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Thoughts on this...
Unread 03-21-2012, 01:26 PM   #1
Walt Kowalski
Forum Associate

Member Info

Default Thoughts on this...

I fired my reproduction for the first time yesterday...took out all my shotguns and threw some hand clays with my girlfriend.
Came time to shoot the Reproduction and she was fine...broke the 1st 6 clays then something weird happened...well not really weird, but the shells did not eject upon opening and I noticed forearm had become dislodged slightly (still in place).
I snapped the forearm back into place and all was well until I fired a couple more shots and she dislodged again...seems like the forearm doesn't quite lock in as nicely as it should.
Well, not knowing how many rounds were fired through her before my ownership or how well she was cleaned, I suspected there might have been some gumming up of the latch mechanism. Thorough cleaning when I got back home and I paid some attention to that latch by squirting some Breakfree CLP oil into the metal parts...very little but enough to give them a coating.
I worked the latch a couple dozen times and it seemed to be operating a bit more free than before...won't know until I fire it again.
I cannot see any flaws/burrs on any metal parts or anything unusual about the forearm mechanism except that there is a small metal part that seems to be kind of free floating near where the forearm mates to the barrels...I don't dare take the forearm apart as it seems there's quite a few metal parts to it...please advise if you may have any ideas!
ron belanger is offline   Reply With Quote