Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Your Favorite Gun/Hunting Dog and Photos
Unread 04-10-2015, 10:36 AM   #1
John Yancey
Forum Associate

Member Info

Default Your Favorite Gun/Hunting Dog and Photos

I know I am new to this Parker community but I wanted to start a thread where we could talk about our best hunting dogs, their breed, how they were trained, why you love them so much.

My current hunting dog is a German Shorthaired Pointer (GSP) named Hoover but, my best and favorite was a Brittany Spaniel named April. April would hunt from dawn till dusk non-stop just for the love of the sport. I was in awe of her ability to find birds in places you would never expect. She would even point at birds roosting in trees. For a Brittany she was tiny. She was only about 25-30 lbs. When we got her she was the runt of the litter and then came down with distemper which may have stunted her growth even more. When April lived through the distemper we brought her home and she slept with me in my bed from then on. When my family moved we gave her to a guy who owned two older Brittanys and he continued hunting with April until she finally passed in 1982.

Attached is a photo of Hoover, my current hunting dog pointing at a lizard in the plants in front of my house. For the record, I do not hunt lizards... LOL

John
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Hoover.jpg (122.2 KB, 3 views)
John Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to John Yancey For Your Post: