Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

Unread 08-31-2017, 01:23 PM   #61
TARNATION !!!
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 2,371 Times in 657 Posts

On a geographical exercise of near epic proportions, I was able to find, in the dark, 6th Street in Channing Michigan. A single light cast a faint glow on a silent figure in a leather lounger. I was about to meet Rich for the first time and it happened to be grouse season. Crazy Daisy was wary of a strange character arriving but warmed soon enough to another dog person who also smelled a bit of Hoppes. We had good conversation and a night cap or two and a hearty breakfast. (there was a brief sleep between night caps and breakfast). The woods were glorious and the grouse abounded but not particularly close enough. That did change and it was a memorable time. So much so, another trip happened a couple years later.

The second trip saw me have the opportunity to handle (not shoot) Gunner's Gun. To have that gun in hand is a whole different experience even than viewing these amazing pictures. It is truly a wonderful gun and a tribute to a great dog that I can only wish I could have met.

Hope the grouse are cooperating with you Rich.

Cheers,
Jack
Unread 08-31-2017, 02:20 PM   #62
C.O.B.
Forum Associate

Member Info

Thanked 6,320 Times in 2,082 Posts

We will see Jack. The first week of October I'll be in Wisconsin hunting then back to Channing for the rest of the month. Your welcome anytime.
Unread 02-21-2022, 12:21 PM   #63
Bill Murphy
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 8,963 Times in 4,800 Posts

This was once my wife's, "The Lovely Linda's," gun, and she is impressed with the result, as am I. I gave as much historical information on the gun as was available, and resulting gun was as good a result as could have been expected. What a great gun.
Bill Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bill Murphy For Your Post: