Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

Gettin on in age!
Unread 06-06-2024, 04:39 PM   #1
Jim Thynne
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Default Gettin on in age!

Sitting her reminiscing the times I spent with old friends and dealers. Here's a few names of old friends that helped me along the way. George Flaim, He was a second Father to me, Max Sidwell Lincoln Nebraska, Bill SWisney Kansas City, Don Criswell Her in California Mike Weatherby There are a lot more, but these fellows were my heros in the Parker Gun sales and collections. Hope you remember some of the older guys that are handling that 4th Invincible and the G grade Fox in that range we hope to all see one day!!
......Jim
Jim Thynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2024, 06:11 PM   #2
Jim Thynne
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Thynne View Post
Sitting her reminiscing the times I spent with old friends and dealers. Here's a few names of old friends that helped me along the way. George Flaim, He was a second Father to me, Max Sidwell Lincoln Nebraska, Bill SWisney Kansas City, Don Criswell Her in California Mike Weatherby There are a lot more, but these fellows were my heros in the Parker Gun sales and collections. Hope you remember some of the older guys that are handling that 4th Invincible and the G grade Fox in that range we hope to all see one day!!
......Jim
Nearly forgot My traveling companion and great friend Jack Puglisi, and the hours on the phone and in Person with Herschel Chaddick! What a wonderful life. My partner in business Jerry Kitto!
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Jim Thynne For Your Post:
Unread 06-06-2024, 07:35 PM   #3
mobirdhunter
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 9,918 Times in 3,164 Posts

Did you ever go to the Missouri Valley Arms Collectors show in KC or the National Gun Day show in Louisville? If so, I’m sure our paths crossed. You mention some great gun folks.
Garry L Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Garry L Gordon For Your Post:
Unread 06-06-2024, 11:13 PM   #4
Jim Thynne
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Missouri Valley with Max Sidwell in the 70's also the first National Gun Show in Kansas City during that time.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jim Thynne For Your Post:
Unread Yesterday, 09:35 AM   #5
GH-16
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 1,309 Times in 447 Posts

Yeah Jim,

I do get to reminiscing sometimes myself. One of the most frequent ones is of our trips to Argentina together, first meeting each other at your old shop "Ivory beads" and all of the great gun related conversations we've had over the years. You have been one of my mentors for sure.

I just hope there's many more to come!
Paul Ehlers is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Paul Ehlers For Your Post:
Unread Yesterday, 02:54 PM   #6
John Allen
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 1,619 Times in 345 Posts

I bought my first model 21 from Don Criswell years ago. I responded to one of his ads in the old Gun List. We talked about the gun and Don offered to send the gun out to me without payment. He said "If you like it,send me a check, if not return the gun". He was an amazing man and became my friend and mentor. Jim is right,the early dealers in this business were special people.
John Allen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Yesterday, 02:58 PM   #7
mobirdhunter
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 9,918 Times in 3,164 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Allen View Post
I bought my first model 21 from Don Criswell years ago. I responded to one of his ads in the old Gun List. We talked about the gun and Don offered to send the gun out to me without payment. He said "If you like it,send me a check, if not return the gun". He was an amazing man and became my friend and mentor. Jim is right,the early dealers in this business were special people.
And, John, you are also one of them (and I still have all of the guns I purchased from you).
Garry L Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote