Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums Hunting with Parkers

Notices

once upon a time
Unread 06-21-2015, 09:40 PM   #1
charlie cleveland
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 7,799 Times in 3,968 Posts

Default once upon a time

just remembering a old hunt with the parker...was invited to go to kansas for a phesant hunt..i had never been on aphasant hunt before with a gun..i had followed my father several times when we lived in wisconsin but was to young to let hunt with a gun...for the trip i carried 3 guns a 20 ga parker i had got from russ jackson a lc smith 12 ga 32 inch barrells full and full chokes.....and i carried the lifter 8 ga with cut off barrels i only carried it to show my hostwho was calvin humberg..to this day this was my best hunt ever...our hunting dog was not of the usal breed bird dog he was a blue healer man he could he find them birds.....i apolgize to the dog for forgetting his name but we made friends first time out...i hope my old friend is still around for he was getting up in years at that time.. i hunted there for 7 days such a good time did i have seen lots of birds but could not hit worth anything the little 20done better than the 12 ga i think i should have had more open chokes on it....i must say my host and his family really took good care of us..best part was seeing calvins son shooting the 8 ga his father also shot it was a real hoot....i knew i was going to like this hunt when i pulled into walmarts parking lot to buy my hunting license there was a huge sign that said welcome hunters....the whole hunt was written by calvin and myself and deano wrote it up and put it in parker pages.that was about two years back if anybody wants to read the whole storey....i would like to return one more timeto see my friends the humberg family......charlie
charlie cleveland is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to charlie cleveland For Your Post:
Unread 06-22-2015, 02:53 PM   #2
Daniel G Rainey
Forum Associate

Member Info

Charlie Been going to the Dakotas since 79. Last year after getting the Parker Bug I shot my PH 12 and have never shot pheasants as well. Since then, I have gotten a GH 16 on a O frame to hunt prairie chickens and sharpetails with ( choked improved and improved mod.) We hunt with flushing dogs. This year I will take my Boykin, my Parkers and the other side by sides at the house. Read the turkey hunting piece in Parker Pages, where in Mississippi do you live? I am from West Point. Dan
Daniel G Rainey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2015, 05:04 PM   #3
Bill Murphy
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 8,957 Times in 4,796 Posts

Daniel, are you walking distance to Steve Barnett's place?
Bill Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2015, 09:39 PM   #4
charlie cleveland
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 7,799 Times in 3,968 Posts

dan i live above fulton about 15 miles..i ve been through west point a lot of times...charlie
charlie cleveland is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2015, 07:41 AM   #5
Michael Kitterman
Forum Associate

Member Info

Hi Charlie, I too have fond memories hunting pheasants in western Kansas with my father 30 years ago now. Carried a JP Sauer 12 ga SXS. Both it and my dad are gone now but I have a lot of good memories about walking mile long Maze fields and the excitement when the birds begin to flush at the end. Have my Parker and my Lefever's now but no longer have access to the hunting fields. Nice that you will always have those special memories!
Michael Kitterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2015, 04:18 PM   #6
Daniel G Rainey
Forum Associate

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Murphy View Post
Daniel, are you walking distance to Steve Barnett's place?
Steve is a good friend and he has taught me a lot of the little I know about guns. His shop is two blocks so I am in walking distance. I drop in by way of the back door 2 or 3 times a week. He sold me my first Parker and I caught the bug. I have it bad.
Daniel G Rainey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2015, 12:15 AM   #7
Mike Franzen
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 4,491 Times in 1,340 Posts

Charlie I've seen Calvin posing on here recently. Try a pm to him maybe
Mike Franzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Visit Mike Franzen's homepage!