Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

Closed Thread
A New Record....
Unread 11-26-2010, 07:39 PM   #1
John D.
PGCA Lifer
Admin

Member Info

Thanked 4,184 Times in 829 Posts

Default A New Record....

Today, the PGCA Forum has set a new record. We have had 26 New Forum Registrations to participate on this Forum today alone (and the day is not over?)...

So far - we have over 1,700 active users and nearly 2,000 registered users to this site...

To all the new Forum Members from today...

Welcome to our community..!!!

John
Unread 11-26-2010, 08:27 PM   #2
J.B. Books
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 4,997 Times in 1,411 Posts

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.........anything to do with the change in identity policy or just a coincidence?
Unread 11-26-2010, 08:40 PM   #3
John D.
PGCA Lifer
Admin

Member Info

Thanked 4,184 Times in 829 Posts

I believe, but can not be sure - that it was this thread:

http://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=2811

That caused the spike in registrations..???

They all wanted to see Dean wearing his hat..???

Just my opinion - which certainly has nothing at all to do with real life or reality???

John
Unread 11-27-2010, 08:52 AM   #4
Bill Murphy
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 8,980 Times in 4,806 Posts

The following comment is in reply to a very insulting post by Bruce Day, very critical of this website, its moderators, and its participants. Mr. Day has chosen to delete the post, although he stands by its insulting theme and its juvenile wording. Here is my reply to his post...........That is so much crap. I have a vivid memory of a member who was trying to get on the Parker horse and in a few days, knew everything. Becoming a Parker person by participating in an internet forum is no worse than becoming a Parker person with a big checkbook.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bill Murphy For Your Post:
Unread 11-27-2010, 09:36 AM   #5
King Brown
Forum Associate

Member Info

A record is a record. New record is redundant.
The Following User Says Thank You to King Brown For Your Post:
New Record
Unread 11-27-2010, 09:57 AM   #6
King Brown
Forum Associate

Member Info

Default New Record

And while we're recording participation, my PCGA membership is not recorded here although I have received a reminder to renew it.

Twice I've paid my money and received no recognition here that I am a member, which may be a record.

Spirit is measured by how we relate one thing to another. Two other sites I support are careful to recognize participation of its members.
Unread 11-27-2010, 01:42 PM   #7
Autumn Daze
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 4,065 Times in 1,729 Posts

I have to disagree with Bruce's line of thinking.For us to close down the website would be returning to the stone age.The PGCA has grown in no small part by the use and development of our website.Couple that with our ever increasing presence at various shoots and gun shows both large and small where face to face meeting and camaraderie takes place we have grown to be one of the premier collectors groups.But along with this growth comes a increased responsibility to "Be there" for the newcomer and novice. This website serves to (on a daily basis) fill that need. Many of us have made some great friendships through all this interaction.We have truly become a community where some of us share what's going on in our lives beside our collecting and shooting endeavors and that's what friend's do.I am not and will never consider myself an expert.I learn something new here quite often and that is because of the free exchange of information from some of our more learned member's and newcomer's alike.

Yes,I do agree that with our website we are exposed to various hackers and phishing site's but our administrators and moderators are constantly taking steps to ensure our safety and they have my complete confidence.Change is inevitable and sometimes a little scary we need to just roll with it and see how it plays out.If we are not growing ...we're going..

OK...I will get off my soapbox now...nuff said.
Unread 11-27-2010, 02:36 PM   #8
CSL
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Day View Post
Registration on the forum does not equate to good and productive PGCA members.

The internet forums become an addiction, but I can't say I have learned much of real value through participation in the forum.

To the extent that there are security issues raised by internet participation, the answer is simple; don't participate.

Bruce Day Kansas City

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Murphy View Post
That is so much crap. I have a vivid memory of a member who was trying to get on the Parker horse and in a few days, knew everything. Becoming a Parker person by participating in an internet forum is no worse than becoming a Parker person with a big checkbook.

Yeah Murph, I remember that guy too... Just doesn't make sense, if someone already knows it all, and announces he learns nothing of real value participating on the PGCA Parker forums, why would he continue spending several hours a day here (over the past 6+ years) reading & posting thousands of messages?.. Yup, a bunch of crap...

Best, CSL
Unread 12-01-2010, 11:12 AM   #9
CSL
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Suponski View Post
I have to disagree with Bruce's line of thinking.For us to close down the website would be returning to the stone age.The PGCA has grown in no small part by the use and development of our website.Couple that with our ever increasing presence at various shoots and gun shows both large and small where face to face meeting and camaraderie takes place we have grown to be one of the premier collectors groups.But along with this growth comes a increased responsibility to "Be there" for the newcomer and novice. This website serves to (on a daily basis) fill that need. Many of us have made some great friendships through all this interaction.We have truly become a community where some of us share what's going on in our lives beside our collecting and shooting endeavors and that's what friend's do.I am not and will never consider myself an expert.I learn something new here quite often and that is because of the free exchange of information from some of our more learned member's and newcomer's alike.

Yes,I do agree that with our website we are exposed to various hackers and phishing site's but our administrators and moderators are constantly taking steps to ensure our safety and they have my complete confidence.Change is inevitable and sometimes a little scary we need to just roll with it and see how it plays out.If we are not growing ...we're going..

OK...I will get off my soapbox now...nuff said.

Very well said Dave, a GS-HR and cleared the CF wall by about 25' feet...

Best, CSL

Unread 12-01-2010, 02:20 PM   #10
Bill Murphy
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 8,980 Times in 4,806 Posts

If you want to hear a very diplomatic rebuke of the Bruce Day "diss" of our website, read our new leader's comments about the website on a recent thread titled "nom de plumes". Bill Mullins says it very well. I'm glad Bruce has never learned anything from this website as he states. I have been studying and researching Parkers for about 45 years longer than Bruce has, and I learn something here on a regular basis. "Checkbook Bruce" knows a bunch about Parkers, all learned in the last five years. I'm sorry I'm not a bit more diplomatic, but only reach the bottom when someone tries to tear down this organization. Usually, I'm pretty upbeat and would rather talk about buying and researching Parkers.
Closed Thread