View Single Post
Unread 09-11-2018, 09:00 AM   #2
Eric Johanen
Forum Associate

Member Info

I have been using Federal once fired papers in the past and switched to paper Cheddites two years ago. (Also Cheddite papers for the 16). I use 3 dram 1 ounce card and fiber loads for the 12's. Fold crimp with the Federals and roll the Cheddites. Wow'd the spectator's at the Tunnel of Tree's on the "Incoming" stage with a 27/30. Answered some questions about the loads for interested shooter's. Performance of these loads are equal to smokless and clean up takes about 15 minutes. Great Fun!! For all brass hulls I seal the overshot cards with DUCO cement and have not had any problems with them. After washing the hulls I clean the mouths with a wire brush to remove all old adhesive. Brass hulls have been loaded for months and work just fine. Using GOEX Old Eysenford 1.5 fg the fouling stays soft and relative light and can easily shoot a 50 clay course. Clean up is easy with water, patches and brush followed by a dry bore and lubed with Slip 2000. Never have any rusting! Just good fun with black powder loads and some of the comments are just priceless!
Eric Johanen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eric Johanen For Your Post: