View Single Post
16ga PH value
Unread 06-25-2019, 07:22 PM   #1
Tim Adams
PGCA Member

Member Info

Default 16ga PH value

Hello all,
I have been a member for a while, but haven't posted any. I appreciate the forums and all the knowledge it contains.
Anyhow, I have stumbled across a hammerless 16 gauge P grade at a local auction, and was looking for some information on what it is worth. I managed to get a couple of pictures of the water table and barrel flats, and will do my best to describe it.
Serial # is 88670. 16ga on a #1 frame. No idea on chokes. Splinter fore end and pistol grip stock.
The shotgun appears to be all original. I don't see any evidence of restoration work or shoddy repair work, other than the screws in the receiver show signs of being removed and re-installed with a poor fitting screw driver.
There is no color left on the receiver, but the barrels have pretty decent patterning left.
Stock and fore end show (what I would call) normal wear for a 125 year old gun, small dents and scratches, etc. No breaks, nothing missing.
It closes very nice and tight, lever is on center when closed. The face of the receiver is very clean and doesn't show a lot of use.
No rust or pitting anywhere.
The barrels ring nice, but there are 2 dents in 1 barrel and 1 dent in the other. The dents are all about the diameter of a BB, and maybe 1/3 as deep. 1 near the end of the fore end, 2 about 5" from the muzzle.
Overall, it is a pretty decent firearm, IMO.
This is not a high end Parker, I realize that, but you have to start somewhere.
Let me know what you think, and thanks for your help.
Tim
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Parker 1.jpg (497.1 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg Parker 2.jpg (460.3 KB, 18 views)
Tim Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tim Adams For Your Post: