View Single Post
Unread 02-28-2012, 06:09 PM   #10
Bruce Day
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 15,614 Times in 2,667 Posts

When you bought these guns at the Louisville show, did you talk to long time PGCA members and knowledgeable collectors Charlie Herzog, Josh Lowensteiner, Jeff Kuss and John Dunkle , who were there, and ask them? Sometimes its beneficial to meet the person giving advise , IMHO.

I am sure Dale Edmunds would do a good job on re-browning the barrels and de-denting....see the attached photo of a G that Dale did. I'm sure a few others would do a fine job also.

The stocks on your guns I believe are in need of some TLC. Light refinishing and de-denting would be in order, IMHO. You might be able to do that yourself if you have patience and a light hand. You could chase the checkering with a double cutter and make a little deeper where it is worn down. On the butt extension gun, find somebody who could put in a butt piece that is at least close to the stock in wood grain, get it finished correctly and grain across the joint with a fine brush.

May I urge you to meet with some PGCA members at the annual meeting or the Southern s xs and discuss the issues and the potential costs before you start down the road of expenses, especially since you just bought these guns and have no attachment to them.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg GHE12%20034.jpg (88.9 KB, 718 views)
Bruce Day is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bruce Day For Your Post: